Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tire rack has a great deal for the UHPAS Kumho Ecsta 4x II that fit the stock 18" rims. Just got a set of 4 shipped for 410$ with 2 year road hazard. Oh and before anyone says anything yes I know all season tires generally suck and they make me not an "enthusiast".

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2015 Turbo came with Kumho Solus KH25 215/40R18, the worst tires I've ever had on a new car. 60k treadware, say what? Performance? Again, what a joke. Loud, bad ride, poor handling; they burn up at a little over 20k miles! Reviews on other Kumho tires are ok but seriously I didn't want to take a chance on them.

I went with : BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S 225/40ZR18/XL 92W $120 at walmart. The 235s would have fit for a few dollars more. Superior in every way over the Kumhos, the KH25 or the ecsta IIs; ride, handling, comfort, noise. You can get the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 225/40R18XL Tire 92H at $172 each for a slight grip and corning boost in the dry, but for a good hit on wet performance; and they cost a good bit more. In sport mode on launch there is no wheel spin with the Comp-2s. Biggest benefit over the KH25s are noise level and ride comfort, these tires have so much more cushion, the jarring ride over rough pavement is gone. Also get 1+ MPG I'm noticing.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Same tire I suggest to many who want a good all around performer. I went with a 225/50R16 for more grip and comfort. I should have gone to something in the 235-255 range though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts