Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
posted on *****, wondering if there might be people more familiar over here..

Again, looking for information regarding the suspension..

Will the Aftermarket NA V suspension work on the VTurbo?
I am about 98% positive it will, but need confirmation. I want to get in on the Meta-Ride Springs.

What are the dimensions of the bypass valve flange on top of the Intercooler? bolt to bolt?
It is a triangle and looks JUST like the one on the Neon SRT-4 and the Gcoupe. Wondering if we can throw one of the blue plates on it or put a BOV on using the adapter flange from the Gcoupe.. Would be nice to upgrade the BOV since the springs are usually light stock and for some sexy noise :p

and I understand that there is no BOV stock on the car, it is a BYPASS valve, mounted to the top of the intercooler..............

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i still go there to check for new info.. once the car is out though, i'll be doing my own thing and staying over here or turboveloster.com once it is up.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's hyundai have to say about suspension in regards to the warranty?

Coilover approved?!
im sure they wouldn't approve anything.. so if you had suspension related issues and tried to make a claim they would deny you if it was related to the coils..

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no, if you modify the suspension and something goes wrong with the suspension, you are screwed out of any suspension claims if the coils are at fault.

if you slam your car and the head gasket on the engine blows, your engine warranty is still valid since they don't relate to eachother at all.

now if you put some 24" wheels that weigh 50lbs a piece and put some stress on your transmission and you blow a syncro or your diff, then they might have a case..

If you tuned the car and you had a shock fail, the warranty on the suspension would still be good but they would most likely void anything related to the drivetrain including: Transmission, clutch, engine, CV shafts, etc.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looks like via the inside line review of the VTurbo that the entire suspension is exactly the same as the NA V, which means you will be able to use the springs made for the NA V on the VTurbo..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts