Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I picked up my Blue Ocean VT. Being a huge Star Wars fan, I have named my baby car - Aqua. Jedi Guardians always carried blue light sabers as a symbol of uniformity and solidarity. It represents the colour of high ideals. :saint:

First Driving Impressions
Please keep in mind that the previous car I drove was 1999 Toyota Camry, so obviously there will be vast differences for me to compare. I also test-drove the regular V.

First thing I noticed is the steering response as it is vastly improved from the regular V and is very responsive to my controls and movements. The HP power is more improved and you can really feel it compared to my old car and regular V...I still wish that they would have wee bit more power...There were times that I had to really floor it when changing the lanes on the highway to get my car moving...I believe it is something to do with ECO and learning when to use that...but turning was very smooth.

The suspension and tires leaves a bit more to be desired...it was bumping at times and the tires felt weak...so I have to do research on what I can do to improve them...perhaps new coilovers and new tires...at one time when i dropped my friend at the street curb, I hit the curb slightly, but unfortunately it was sufficient to slightly damage the right rim...so to all VT wanna-be, be extra cautious when pulling up to the curb.:serious:

The headlights and backlights are nothing but amazing to see and admire...I totally love them and wouldn`t do anything to change them...:big smile:

The surprising hard thing for me was adjusting to the side mirrors as the objects are indeed a lot closer. LOL So, it will take a while to get used to it. :nerd:

The first mod I will be doing is getting a tint. It`s a high priority. As today, it was 36C and even with high AC going, it was still hot inside especially with the sun right into your car...so hopefully I can get that done tomorrow...also will spend the next couple of days driving more and learning to use the navigation screen.

I can answer any questions you may have to my best ability...but before you ask, I will post pictures next week.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Brkn ears, I have an excellent tint shop in Oakville, they did my mazda5 6 months ago, they also do all tints for Hyundai Oakville. Their quality is unbelievable, if we all start using the same shops maybe we can get a group discount. I am going their Friday, also doing the 3m protective tape, do you want me to let you know?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for your first impressions, I'm very jealous. The cars take so much longer to appear in dealerships here in the US.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brkn ears, I have an excellent tint shop in Oakville, they did my mazda5 6 months ago, they also do all tints for Hyundai Oakville. Their quality is unbelievable, if we all start using the same shops maybe we can get a group discount. I am going their Friday, also doing the 3m protective tape, do you want me to let you know?
Cool, please do let me know...and can you please PM me the address and website ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen :)

Also, is "Blue Ocean" a canada color? Is that the same as our Marathon Blue? I'm still waiting on confirmation and a delivery date on a dealer that claims he knows he's getting a Marathon Blue and it's mine, he just won't let me put a deposit down until he gets a delivery date.

Also, I hate you Canadians for two reasons now: you get VT's before us, and you think 36 C is hot...it was 41 C here last week with over 80% humidity :(

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pics or it didn't happen :)

Also, is "Blue Ocean" a canada color? Is that the same as our Marathon Blue? I'm still waiting on confirmation and a delivery date on a dealer that claims he knows he's getting a Marathon Blue and it's mine, he just won't let me put a deposit down until he gets a delivery date.

Also, I hate you Canadians for two reasons now: you get VT's before us, and you think 36 C is hot...it was 41 C here last week with over 80% humidity :(
Blue Ocean is same as Blue Marathon...but Blue Ocean sounds better thought...:)
Pics happened...but can't find the cord to connect my camera to computer...:(

·
Registered
99 Posts
How accurate is ur driving impression since u hit the curb? Lol jk :p bet ur having a lot of fun driving it! Can't wait for mine to get here. When I called the dealership Monday, they said it was still at port..boo!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mind if I can be included in this, tho im waiting on my matte grey to come in..
I definitly need to tint

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How accurate is ur driving impression since u hit the curb? Lol jk :p bet ur having a lot of fun driving it! Can't wait for mine to get here. When I called the dealership Monday, they said it was still at port..boo!
You naughty girl...I spend hours driving all over the town getting the feel of the car...knowing how to use the navigation, bluetooth, voice recognition, etc...at one point I let it her rip going as fast as 140 km and the HP power and the feel of the car was oh so good...my friends were all gaga over...cars moving aside to take a better look at mine...people on streets pointing out to me...even got digits from a babe...felt so like a VIP !

We got VT first, We Canadians got it good ! :p

Reactions: dmarie7286

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I heard the Auto doesnt compare to the manual, in this car.. What is your opinion on it? and have you driven a manual to compare?
Have never driven a manual ... so i really can`t compare to AT ... sorry.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Second Driving Impressions
Please keep in mind that the previous car I drove was 1999 Toyota Camry, so obviously there will be vast differences for me to compare. I also test-drove the regular V.

Today, I turned off my ECO, then I was able to noticed the more power feel and the sweet sound of Turbo...At one point, I let her rip and went 140 km...the power and the quick gear shifting to that speed, it was so beautiful...even the down-shifting was quite smooth and feels very efficient...currently am averaging 9.7L per 100km.

The turning was smooth to the point that I wonder the need of having the strut bar for day-to-day driving...the more I drive and work on the curvy roads and turns to push my car, the more I realize that I don`t need it...I have changed my route to work and home to ride on the smoother roads...the suspension and tires held up well and was a more comfortable ride...

Downside is the drivers are pulling up wee a bit too close on my rear...I could see drivers trying to get a closer look at my car and amazing LEDs backlights...I fear a fender-bender coming ...

I can`t just get over of how amazing Aqua is ... she is so beautiful both inside and outside...

Reactions: dmarie7286

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's awesome, thanks for the update! Maybe you should post a big sign on the back that says "It's a Veloster Turbo, yes these lights are amazing, please stop tailgating me."

Ugh, I'm gonna implode if my dealership can't get me one on this first round and I have to wait until September... :serious:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Due to high demand for pictures, it is now available in the Gallery under "Aqua". Enjoy ! :big smile:

Reactions: 1.6 T-GDI

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks for the pics, BrokenEars.. You now made my color choice easier.. I was leaning towards red or white.. Now I think its between blue & white.. Nice choice that color is sweet.. not too mant pics of that color out there on the VT..

Can you please take 3 more pics? a full front to back profile shot of the whole side.. a shot of the rear and a shot of the front.. Thanks..

1 - 20 of 60 Posts