Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Are you a turbo @$$hole?

17K views 76 replies 40 participants last post by  Sportster45 
#1 · (Edited)
Now this is my first turbo car and I have an Injen SRI and the BOV mod for now. Do you find yourself spooling up the VT when you see a crowd of people or someone just jogging down the street?

Tonight for instance, we were on our way to hit a few bars downtown and I made it a point to let everyone on the streets know that I was coming. The sound of the intake/turbo/bov bouncing off the walls of Main Street was literally snapping necks. Yay for hooning!!!

Discuss.

#5 ·
I call it sneezing on people i do it all the time, especially when a car is coming the opposite direction with the window down , i dump the BOV right in their face. I's also fun to sneak up on people walking down the road and sneeze on them too , but most of the time my loud bass gives me away well in advance.

#16 ·
guys please do tell more about you being a turbo @$$hole :D I love your stories....turbo @$$holes! LOL
I'm thinking I'm going to save my money and go to Texas when you get your car. If we could get 15 to 20 turbo a$$holes running around in celebration, that would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

#20 ·
I'm thinking I'm going to save my money and go to Texas when you get your car. If we could get 15 to 20 turbo a$$holes running around in celebration, that would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
I live right by dianaz06 (mike) I've been eagerly waiting for him to get his vt...

#7 ·
I first got a glimpse of this when my buddy had an HKS bov in his 240. We were driving through the parking lot of a mall and he said "watch this." I don't think I've ever seen a herd of 8th grade girls jump so high in my life

#64 ·
.. I don't think I've ever seen a herd of 8th grade girls jump so high in my life
I thought they were called a gaggle :smile:

Reactions: HellHunter
#12 ·
This sounds too fun. Are there any performance gains (or hits) to be had from a BOV or is it strictly a treat for the ears?

#13 ·
Helps holds boost if I am not mistaken, but someone please correct me if wrong.

#15 ·
Well i guess im an asshole in trng. I got a strait pipe and a cai, (loud as hell already) but im wtng to install a bov and a fmic.

#17 ·
I do it all the time. Especially on cruises. Me and one of the ST guys get side by side on the road and have a blow off match.

#22 ·
Too bad most people walk around with headphones in all the time, they are the real Aholes :)

#31 ·
You can't just throw out "ricer" as a catch all for things you don't like. There is clear distinction between ricer and modder. With your logic all stock turbo diesel trucks would be ricers because you can hear the turbo spool and dump valves. Ricer is simply an outrageous and ridiculous thing that is done for no function other then appearance-and done POORLY. There is nothing new about BOV's and you dont go to Pepboys and pick them up and stick them on your fenders.

#37 ·
Ricer? Really? If it's showing off then I guess you can add train horns and super loud bass to the Ricer category.

#39 ·
I'm sorry but having a bov and being someone who likes people to hear the bov as they go by someone is not ricey at all.. I've never considered that ricey nor have I ever with any turbo car I've owned or heard that from a car group..

#42 ·
Not to dog the guy that was just giving his opinion... but if you were to elaborate on what different car world you come from we would be more understanding... I myself come from the rally subaru world, and the shit box heavy chevy world "beretta GTZ" <--- this car was riced all to hell before rice was even a thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.