Veloster Turbo Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
This is my veloster in the first post. I contacted them back in August last year, talked to Mike, who said they are looking for a donor to take measurements, and develop an exhaust system. Asked to drop the car for several days. In return they promised a free exhaust. So I did, I drove 60 miles across LA, dropped off the car, paid 120 bucks for rental for 3 days, picked up the car (they put 10 miles instead of agreed on, 2), and never heard back from them. Go figure.

Edit: now they seem to offer it on their website (ARK NAV). What do you think I should do? I think this kind of treatment shouldn't go unpunished.
Actually I did call them a couple of times, and each time I got a another date (December, February).
did you ever get the exhaust?

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Why won't you call and spoke to whoever you talked to about all that and say "HEY GUYS WTF!!!!"

MAN dude you did all that. you went way out of your way and they used you all up UGH you better get that damn exhaust at least. you better do something. I don't know about sueing them because I think if nothing was in writing then your out a limb. But give them hell and then if they refuse then say hey guys I did all this for you, and you still took a more and I got nothing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Why won't you call and spoke to whoever you talked to about all that and say "HEY GUYS WTF!!!!"

MAN dude you did all that. you went way out of your way and they used you all up UGH you better get that damn exhaust at least. you better do something. I don't know about sueing them because I think if nothing was in writing then your out a limb. But give them hell and then if they refuse then say hey guys I did all this for you, and you still took a more and I got nothing.
I called them 3 times throughout 2012 to find out what's going on. They kept pushing the promised date well into 2013. At some point I decided to wait until they start selling the exhaust. Looks like they started. I'm going to call them again, but I don't hold my breath. There is a piece of paper I signed that said that they promise a free system in exchange for having the car for several days.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
There is a piece of paper I signed that said that they promise a free system in exchange for having the car for several days.
You have nothing to worry about. every business knows what a singed piece of paper means. Go ahead and call them and I bet they will say come on down.

BTW if you do, Get pierce downpipe. I always think his downpipe is a cherry on top of any exhaust :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I called them and found out that they already have a prototype with production expected 1-2 months ahead... Same story, except now they have the prototype.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've moved on. Everything this company does and says they make for the VT is offered by other, more ambitious companies. I love my Eibach springs, people are loving their Pierce exhaust products, what else does ARK offer the VT customer? Yeah I'm a little irked but I'm a potential customer, which is what any business is reliant on.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Reactions: swordfish

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
So I called them and found out that they already have a prototype with production expected 1-2 months ahead... Same story, except now they have the prototype.
but aren't they already selling It on their website? heck, if you want, give me the number and I will see if they tell me the same thing to see if they are just giving you the run around.

·
Registered
9 Posts
but aren't they already selling It on their website? heck, if you want, give me the number and I will see if they tell me the same thing to see if they are just giving you the run around.
I pretended to be a brand new customer, and I specifically asked about their website. They said it's for information purposes, they don't actually have it in stock.

·
Registered
266 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Looked at the page. Why wouldn't they put up a pic of the real exhaust or at least something close as opposed to something that is so obviously not for the car?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Looked at the page. Why wouldn't they put up a pic of the real exhaust or at least something close as opposed to something that is so obviously not for the car?
They are using ARK stock photo :disappointed:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Too late now. A lot of people here already bought other exhaust. Ark took WAY too long to release this.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Too late now. A lot of people here already bought other exhaust. Ark took WAY too long to release this.
thought people change exhausts all the time. they have always came out with some mean sounding exhausts. still interested in hearing it though and how it compares with the solo which everyone claims to be the best sounding

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Agreed. you snooze you loose sales. I don't know about vicng87, but I definitely won't be switching to any other exhaust. I don't care how good or cheap ARK would be.

Lets put it this way, if they came out with a product ready to sale tomorrow, they will have a hand full of sales and lots left on shelves gathering dust. Had they came out with something a year and a half ago, they'd have a bunch of sales some left on the shelves. They'd at least be in the mix with magno and solo. But nope.

ARK who?

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Interesting story...

Last fall before any other company really had an exhaust for the VT, I had a small but very popular Canadian shop interested in prototyping parts for the VT. I had a very, very nice catback on my car for about a month testing for fit, finish and sound. Another guys car was used for dynos. Anyway, the owner of the company pulled both our exhausts because he thought there would be no market for the VT.

I think the joke is on him now because another small Canadian company, Solo Performance now has probably the most popular exhaust out there. So yeah, you snooze you loose.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Interesting story...

Last fall before any other company really had an exhaust for the VT, I had a small but very popular Canadian shop interested in prototyping parts for the VT. I had a very, very nice catback on my car for about a month testing for fit, finish and sound. Another guys car was used for dynos. Anyway, the owner of the company pulled both our exhausts because he thought there would be no market for the VT.

I think the joke is on him now because another small Canadian company, Solo Performance now has probably the most popular exhaust out there. So yeah, you snooze you loose.
F'ing WOOOOOOOOOWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And here all I thought good came out of Canada ITT: List good things that came out of Canada | IGN Boards

Ok question, solo compared to Shop Snooze Exhaust, which sounded better?

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I dunno. You tell me .

It sure looked pretty. All full polished stainless, beautiful TIG welds, real solid.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts