Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Auto Headlight Install Process

6K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  thatferrariguy 
#1 ·
I ordered the automatic headlight kit from Sharkracing. We were able to install the stalk just fine. The problem came when we went to the "dummy" ambient light sensor. There are NO wires coming from it. It was just snapped in.

From every install thread I've seen, there was always wires that we connect to the new REAL light sensor. What should I do?

Discussion starter · #6 ·
I followed those instructions however, after tearing half the dash apart I could not find that connector. I tried looking down the hole and sticking my finger in it and I could not see the connector nor did I feel anything that felt like wire looming, wire or connector. I'm thinking that I'm just going to have to take the dash completely apart to find out. To be more exact about what I had off the dash, I had the radio out, the center speaker out and I cut my arm in about 10 different places trying to reach anywhere near that area from underneath the drivers side dash and through the glove compartment. When you remove the radio you can clearly see that the two center vents (left and right of the head unit) and defroster ducting is blocking any access to that pesky hole. On a side note, if you lower the glove box and remove the little cylinder holding it up, you can actually reach around and push the V part of the dash that is around the head unit out from the back. This was easier and safer than trying to pry it out with a screwdriver and damaging the dash.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
I'm curious as to what this dash pocket you're talking about is. I'll look around for how to remove the cabin filter.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
So I guess I'll have to pick a day where I can start ripping the dash apart. Anyone else have any other suggestions?

Discussion starter · #14 ·
Any update on this, I was planning this mod myself and popped my dummy cover out and there is no connector. looking at the diagram the harness appears to be the same on both models with and without factory installed auto lights.
It's very annoying.. Apparently we are the only 2. Everyone else has no problems with this lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.