Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup VT fam, got a '14 VT and am getting back pressure when I accelerate. This happen 2 days ago.I can drive car with no issues, its just when I get on it. No check engine light on.

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,263 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

This post makes little sense due to little detail.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so I if I'm at a stop sign and I give it normal gas to leave a stop sign im good. But if im at same stop sign and give it gas like im in a rush , then I get back pressure and I hear it coming from my air filter. Check engine light will flash a few times then goes away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so I if I'm at a stop sign and I give it normal gas to leave a stop sign im good. But if im at same stop sign and give it gas like im in a rush , then I get back pressure and I hear it coming from my air filter. Check engine light will flash a few times then goes away.
I more thing. Once it does the back pressure and I let off the gas and then give it "normal acceleration " car still drives with no issue.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
So instead of self diagnosis just state what its doing like you just did by giving more info like heavy throttle and the CEL flashes but fine at lower throttle.

Issue is most likely misfires which is usually a coil or plug issue or both. Priority is seeing what codes if any come up when checking with and obd2 reader. If you have over 50k miles on the plugs and/or coils they'll need to be changed anyway with proper replacements based on what you do with the car and future plans.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. 68k so definitely will get that done asap. Any recommendations on plugs and coil?

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Coils oem only from Albert Hwang on FB. Plugs go with oem plugs from a 19+ VT or VN and gap them to .028". If tuning the car for more power on pump gas then HKS M45XL plugs set at .024". Albert can get the oem parts at the best price. A few vendors have the HKS for $110-$115/set shipped.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks TRDTOY, I replace spark plugs and coil packs. Went with the ngk 93655 and stock coil pack and that fix problem. Do plan on going with the HKS plugs when I get a aftermarket intercooler. Once again thank you for your help.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Hopefully you got the proper oem coils or you may have issues soon. Those are oem plugs for the later 14 and all 15 VT. Will be ok on the oem tune just not as good as they could be. The HKS M45XL plugs will be needed for a tune only not with just bolt ons. Also intercooler is not the best option in most cases but some it is more appropriate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts