Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a decent kit. Would like to buy a kit that is complete. Any suggestions?
Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
X2 was the first kit I was looking at. This one is a little more but I want quality. Don't want to order parts every couple months. I placed a order with BC for some coilovers last week and received an email that there on back order.. I took this as a sign cause my true feelings say go with the bagged system. Would be nice to raise up quickly when I need to. I did tho decide on a set of rims and there on there way..Avant Garde M220 silver. But I do need help with the lug nuts. I love the spike lugs but need a color to choose from. My VT is vitamin C and was wonder if I should go with the black/gold or silver lugs. Break pad covers will be goldish color and fog lights have a gold film over them. Thanks for the info on the other system.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I think he was kidding... LMAO

#static

Reactions: E9C900A

·
Registered
533 Posts
Dang, people really hating on bags here. LOL

Personally, I love them. The look of low, and the function of stock height. Plus they handle quite well considering. Just don't skimp on a kit. Airlift is my recommendation if they have a kit for the VT
Tyson

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
I just don't like the idea of adding unnecessary weight on a relatively lightweight car, but I understand the concession for convenience purposes.

Do they make lightweight bag kits?

·
Registered
533 Posts
I just don't like the idea of adding unnecessary weight on a relatively lightweight car, but I understand the concession for convenience purposes.

Do they make lightweight bag kits?
To be honest, I weighed my stock suspension parts, then I weighed my bags before install, the suspension parts on my bags at least were slightly less due to lack of springs given the additional weight of the air tank (which is next to nothing) the added weight of the manifold (the computer for the bags) and the compressors (I have two) the weight ended up being about the same, if I remember correctly I had an additional 5lbs with my bag set up over stock. Factor in that I got rid of my spare tire and all of the roadside safety parts I lost about 20lbs or more installing my bags.

Tyson

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Understood, but VTs don't have spare wheels by default. If it works out to not add much weight to each corner, then it was my misconception. I just know that on other larger vehicle platforms, they are generally heavier overall than traditional suspension setups. As with most things, it depends on the platform and kit design. Thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
To be honest, I weighed my stock suspension parts, then I weighed my bags before install, the suspension parts on my bags at least were slightly less due to lack of springs given the additional weight of the air tank (which is next to nothing) the added weight of the manifold (the computer for the bags) and the compressors (I have two) the weight ended up being about the same, if I remember correctly I had an additional 5lbs with my bag set up over stock. Factor in that I got rid of my spare tire and all of the roadside safety parts I lost about 20lbs or more installing my bags.

Tyson
how is you camber when dropped all the way down? i would like no camber or just minimal. If i have to do flares for that i will. i understand camber is good for the track on the corners but I'm not tracking it. do you happen to have a pic of the trunk with your setup? Would like to see how much room is left. Not my daily but i still like to have some room left for trips. any issues with it? Would like to have a kit so i can drain the water out of the lines so tank doesn't rust out.

Thanks

·
Registered
533 Posts
how is you camber when dropped all the way down? i would like no camber or just minimal. If i have to do flares for that i will. i understand camber is good for the track on the corners but I'm not tracking it. do you happen to have a pic of the trunk with your setup? Would like to see how much room is left. Not my daily but i still like to have some room left for trips. any issues with it? Would like to have a kit so i can drain the water out of the lines so tank doesn't rust out.

Thanks
My bag kit is not in a veloster unfortunately. I am at about -3 degrees of camber in the front and about -4 in the rear when I am completely aired out. Under normal driving I am at -1/-2 up front and -1/-2 in the rear as well. I am not a fan of camber. I will try to find a photo for reference so you can see the amount of room it took up in my car. I know it is a bit unrelated as different cars, but it may help offer some solutions for getting your install to go smooth!

Tyson
12776717_1571556529834940_2144201764_o.jpg
12776819_1571556433168283_545715431_o.jpg
12787153_1571563859834207_1854616063_o.jpg
12776717_1571556529834940_2144201764_o.jpg
12804010_1571561566501103_542150746_n.jpg
12169266_10153743219903179_938015416_o.jpg
13528100_1651733618483897_4804462194831322045_o.jpg

1 - 20 of 34 Posts