Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

We have an issue with our '13 VT that has been ongoing for several months. The vehicle has spent a long time on several occasions at the dealership and had the battery replaced. Essentially the battery will drain in a few days of not being used. It seems that once it happens the cycle gets worse. I caught it this time at 48 hours the battery was down to 4.8V. Enough to power the start button ring but not enough to crank or even try.

I bought a multimeter and flipped it to 20A, inserted it between the negative terminal and see the current draw sitting around .425A when the vehicle is off. I pulled the multimedia fuse and it dropped to .3xxA. I seem to think the draw should be even lower that this, perhaps .2xx.

Would someone be kind enough to share their current draw when the vehicle is resting? Also, if anyone has input to this I would be very grateful.

Cheers,
Gary

·
Registered
600 Posts
Damn. That's always a tough one. Cold weather exacerbates battery death and once it's deep cylced one time it never fully comes back the Pitfalls of Lead Acid batteries.

Only other suggestion I have is to keep pulling fuses to see what's causing the draw. Are you keylesss or keyed?

Anything that stays on with the key off is where I'd start. Test the fuses without pulling them to see what still conducts power while the ignition is off. I've found one of my headlights was stuck on for no reason one day leaving the gym. Not sure what that was about!

Good luck!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Bump.

Wondering if OP ever figured out what was going? Wish I had a multimeter to help you out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is my understanding the draw should be 0.001 or 0.005 max. Keyless entry within proximity will draw power keep in mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts