Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over time I’ve noticed my battery light will come on for about 3-5 seconds. This only happens when it’s raining out and I have the a/c on. Also it seems to only come on when I hit a deep puddle in the road. My co- worker said I need a new battery. I don’t know how old it is. But I bought the car with 20k on it. Now it has 50k. When the car is off the battery is around 11.5 volts. With it running it around 14.5 volts. Any ideas on this would be helpful.

·
Super Moderator
3,264 Posts
I could be wrong but under 12v could be a failing battery. Check the date code on it. It’s probably original.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
yes need a new battery

·
Registered
56 Posts
Battery voltage looks low, charge, remove surface charge and load test. Warning light after hitting a puddle is usually the belt slipping at the Alternator.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
yes, belt slip or a loose connection. Do as Mazda3 says but you'll likely need a new battery as it probably has the oem battery in it which will need to be changed in the next year anyway.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Do be sure after replacing the battery that all connections are snug and alternator belt is set correctly and snug all bolts to spec.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts