Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running a lithium battery on a second gen Veloster? If so what brand and weight.

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
Anyone running a lithium battery on a second gen Veloster? If so what brand and weight.
I think @trdtoy has an AntiGravity battery setup on his drag VT.
Braille also makes a good battery for our cars and when the time comes for another battery for my car I'm going with one of the two.
The weight reduction will be nice up front. 馃憤

Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT 脳 2
Gen 1 here and run Antigravity. I have seen gen 2 run them as well. 25-30 lb weight reduction area.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was looking for some specific info. I have used lithium batteries in three cars and three motorcycles with mostly positive results. My Mazda three and Miata both have quite large key off draws, both are almost certainly the security systems. I purchased my Veloster new in 2020 and have not hat time to do much work on it. I had a custom made 4.5lb lithium in my Mazda 3 and it started the car fine but could not support the dark draw for as long as I needed. I live in upstate New York, we have many days where there is at least a threat of a shower. I have three summertime only cars, none get driven in the rain. Sunny days must be distributed between the three cars so quite often any one of them may be dormant for weeks. Looking for direct experience on what is the lightest lithium that can support dark draw for at least 3 weeks. Yes I can and will do a dark draw amperage test, just looking for the easy way out.

Super Moderator
Antigravity has an oem size battery that would easily be up to the task.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am looking for the smallest lightest battery that can survive several weeks of inactivity. Direct experience would be very helpful. Probably not available here, just a shot in the dark. I had a custom made 4.5 lb lithium in my Mazda 3, started the car fine but did not have the reserve to maintain a charge thru weeks of inactivity. Was hoping for some real world data before spending $550 on a lithium battery.

Super Moderator
I run 2 batteries at around 3 lb total that do fine not running for weeks. Have not tested how long in cold weather though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts