Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 seems to be the year of all sorts of new coupes and sporty sedan type cars. He have the FR-S/BRZ, Veloster Turbo, Ford Focus ST, and Dodge Dart. All the prices range from $20-$30k. The Toyobaru has the edge on handling, but lacks the practicality of most daily driver types.

The Focus ST looks like great fun, but sitting closer to $30k, it's quite a bit higher premium for the 60 extra horsepower. Out of all the sporty vehicles, the Veloster has the highest fuel economy, and the performance bests the Dart, and seems pretty close to the BRZ/86.

I can already feel the video comparisons coming soon :)

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Don't forget about the VW GTI! I think it deserves to be in that category as well. The VT may not be the fastest or best handling but it appears it's going to the top spot for gas mileage.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I totally forgot about that, and Volkswagen has had the hot-hatch genre covered for 30 years, and honestly, the golf's body styling has never gotten old to me. From everything I can see online, the Golf is still faster, and the price difference is only about $2000 more expensive than the Veloster. The fuel economy, however, is still very far behind. I am still waiting to see what performance people can achieve with the Veloster with typical turbo mods (Intake, exhaust, tune)

·
Registered
61 Posts
gtiprice.jpg

The Veloster Turbo in Canada MSRP is 27,494 including the Delivery/Destination charge. A GTI with 18" wheels, leather, and tech package is $37,550 including the Freight/PDI charge. A difference of $10,056.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts