Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1192 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
GB list Please let me know which core you'd be looking at and if you'd be interested in paint and powder coat or polish

GROUP BUY PAYMENTS WILL BE TAKEN UNTIL JUNE 1ST

if we get 15 payments or over the price will drop $50 more dollars (all members that had already paid will get a $50 refund) that will be a total savings of $100 on any setup , we almost got that many signed up lets push it to the limit, I want to see you guys save

Payment will be through paypal: [email protected] Please include your forum name and what package you're paying for as well in the message part of the form :) It'll make keeping track of everything much easier

Polish: 75$
Powder coating: about 75$ this is pending everything easily fits in the oven which it should lol

standard core: 545 shipped
upgraded core: 645 shipped
standard with intake: 650 shipped
upgraded core with intake: 750 shipped

(prices shipped are for the lower 48)

1.sonofjohn (lower core, no intake) manual
2.serioussam (full kit with intake, upgraded core) manual PAID! 2
3.rosscoe21 (full kit with intake, upgraded core) manual PAID! 9
4.Cinderblock7881
5. MA1tR!X (upgraded core/powder coat (no intake)manual PAID! 4
6. vicng87 (full kit with intake, lower core, powdercoat) manual PAID! 7
7. btjetman (lower core, no intake) auto PAID! 1
8. drdave (upgraded core, andintake) manual PAID! 11
9. Jay "kdm" Kim sfr tuning manual
10. AZG23 (upgraded core, no intake) auto PAID! 5
11. swordfish (lower core, no intake) manual PAID 3
12. lagonwagon (lower core, no intake) manualPAID 10
13. richieP auto
14. Phill (upgraded core, intake, polish) auto PAID 6
15. Kaishi (upgraded core, intake) auto PAID 12
16. DarrenG (upgraded core no intake) manual PAID 8

View attachment 3505
View attachment 3506
View attachment 3507
View attachment 3508
View attachment 3509
View attachment 3510
View attachment 3511
View attachment 3512
View attachment 3513
View attachment 3514

we're approaching 10 people I might have to start looking at negotiating a 10 people discount if I can :)

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
well normally I'd figure no one is interested in this due to the over whelming response .. but seeing as it'll help alot and be for the good of the community, I'll be going to my shop this weekend to start doing measurements to make this. the shop has been delayed for a while but now they can get me in.

I don't understand you guys.. you want all these upgrades, and complain we have no after market support but it seems like you just want them to be handed to you.. production takes money and lots of work, when someone tries to help everyone scatters :disappointed: because it is "too expensive" "doesn't have dyno numbers" or something..

this is something that WILL go into production but would be on a built to order setup. I'll have updates in probably sunday or monday

·
Registered
438 Posts
so you are just looking at doing a larger core?
i think most people dont like the side mounted core so are going for more of the middle mount. thats what i`d be looking for in one if I ever upgraded.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
elec... Welcome to the Hyundai scene...

Tons of demands for aftermarket support and interest usually until it comes down to it. The RD (98-01 Tiburon) guys DEMANDED an affordable, simple to install turbo kit, I delivered and there were very few buyers. Had dyno sheets to back it up, wiring diagrams, base maps, etc!!

If there is anything I can do to help with this, let me know. I have the stock core sitting down in the basement collecting dust. Is there anyway the stock end tanks could somehow be utilized and welded onto the new core? Maybe I am shooting in the dark and it wouldn't be as efficient but it might be able to keep the cost down to be more appealing? I know that the end tanks are usually the biggest cost on drop in Intercooler setups like this.

Even if I you had to do like a core exchange to get the end tanks you needed, I could donate the first core.

Since the core dimensions wont be much bigger, the stock end tanks may have a chance to be reused for the most part at least.

Just an idea!

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
front mount dimensions

i think most people dont like the side mounted core so are going for more of the middle mount. thats what i`d be looking for in one if I ever upgraded.
I am on the same page as you....I will order one from turbosocks once I convince the wifey :)

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
larger more efficient core and charge pipes in theory it would make similar gains as a front mount but would still maintain the factory look and the LEAST amount of piping. it would also allow you to get things one by one instead of all at the same time as well as would give you the ability to use any of the current bolt on BOV's

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
elec... Welcome to the Hyundai scene...

Tons of demands for aftermarket support and interest usually until it comes down to it. The RD (98-01 Tiburon) guys DEMANDED an affordable, simple to install turbo kit, I delivered and there were very few buyers. Had dyno sheets to back it up, wiring diagrams, base maps, etc!!

If there is anything I can do to help with this, let me know. I have the stock core sitting down in the basement collecting dust. Is there anyway the stock end tanks could somehow be utilized and welded onto the new core? Maybe I am shooting in the dark and it wouldn't be as efficient but it might be able to keep the cost down to be more appealing? I know that the end tanks are usually the biggest cost on drop in Intercooler setups like this.

Even if I you had to do like a core exchange to get the end tanks you needed, I could donate the first core.

Since the core dimensions wont be much bigger, the stock end tanks may have a chance to be reused for the most part at least.

Just an idea!
not a bad idea however the core I plan on using is about 1" larger in all directions it's actually just about the same volume as yours but in theory should be a better core ( i have no issues with your setup i just like cars looking stock )

we would be having the endtanks custom made and probably have to be a slightly lower depth to compensate for it being larger, hopefully it will allow us to use a couple other bovs that are out there for the genesis as well

i will be going to the shop this weekend but if you could tell me the measurements that would be awesome

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
I can get you exact measurements tonight!

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bringing it to the shop today if you can call it that (it's past midnight here) with any luck we'll have the core ordered tomorrow as well.. and thanks to turbo socks for his help I'll be able to get this in production sooner rather then later :)

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well due to the fact that we would only be able to get about .5-.75 " more in every direction and making endtanks would be extremely time consuming we've decided to go with a front mount setup, we plan on having my options.. a low end and high end, option for stock BOV and aftermarket, powder coated, painted or raw. The price point will be very competitive to what is out there. we've ordered a set of 2.5 and 2.25" piping and are going to try out different combinations to see what works the best for the car when we get everything setup. I am going back so we can finalize core size and start to get things moving, we're hoping to get a baseline dyno on a local dyno as well so that way we can do a proper before and after..

also the shop is very interested in making down pipes and possibly catbacks, for the most part they will be a on order basis and wouldn't be stocked readily unless there is enough demand for it, they are very interested in the car and want to help out making good quality products for a good price (not that anyone else isn't :) )

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Can you get the FMIC to be centered? I'm planning on getting socks I don't really mind how his is off centered since its best to keep pipes at the minimum but centered would be nice xP

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Can you get the FMIC to be centered? I'm planning on getting socks I don't really mind how his is off centered since its best to keep pipes at the minimum but centered would be nice xP
yes it will definitely be centered.. my setup will feature custom end tanks to take advantage of the space we have. I will abandon the project before I release it uncentered lol. From the looks of it it looks like we'll only be adding about 1.5 feet of pipe if everything goes as planned.. however in conjunction with this thats why we're testing the different piping sizes.. going down a size in piping but increasing the length can alleviate the worry for lag and shouldn't hinder the system too much

also since it will bde built/ fitted on my car clearance wont be an issue for lowered cars as it will be fit to not scrape on mine :) you can obviously get lower then me but most people shouldnt have problems

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
yes it will definitely be centered.. my setup will feature custom end tanks to take advantage of the space we have. I will abandon the project before I release it uncentered lol. From the looks of it it looks like we'll only be adding about 1.5 feet of pipe if everything goes as planned.. however in conjunction with this thats why we're testing the different piping sizes.. going down a size in piping but increasing the length can alleviate the worry for lag and shouldn't hinder the system too much

also since it will bde built/ fitted on my car clearance wont be an issue for lowered cars as it will be fit to not scrape on mine :) you can obviously get lower then me but most people shouldnt have problems
Sounds awesome!!!

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
this is a very rough idea of what we'll probably be going for the core is going to probably be one of these sizes, 22x8x3.5, 22x6x3.5 or 24 x 8 x3.5 the one in the renders is 24 x8 x3.5

Arm 3d modeling Auto part Animation Design Plumbing fixture Bathroom accessory Arm 3d modeling

core size will probably be 22x8x3.5 since I've found 2 brands that carry that size and we're tossing the idea of a budget setup as well has a higher end setup (only difference would be the core really one supports 400 the other 510hp)

·
Registered
877 Posts
core size will probably be 22x8x3.5 since I've found 2 brands that carry that size and we're tossing the idea of a budget setup as well has a higher end setup (only difference would be the core really one supports 400 the other 510hp)
Can't wait to see who is first to 500 :crazy:
I know VTs are fairly new and pretty limited, but I'm glad see more & more shops getting in on them...

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea in all reality both fmic will be over kill but still lol. eventually someone is going to put the car to over 300 whp, and I'd like to think they have a fmic that can easily support that

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
unfortunately due to the oil filter and a couple other things the first hot side routing wouldnt work as we obviously dont want people taking the piping apart for every oil change.. this will be a bolt on setup the ONLY thing that would need to be modified would be the plastic pieces going behind the radiator would need a hole for the piping to go through.. we could route the piping differently but it would end up making alot more 1.. work. and 2 length in piping.. this method actually keeps very similar to stock length via our measurments

1 - 20 of 1192 Posts