Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just a little info for everyone running the 3.5" Beast Mode CAI version....

I got tuned at the Tork Atlanta event this past Saturday and I was running the CAI version of the intake. On the first couple of runs, my car produced lower numbers than the guys at Tork expected...to the point they thought I had a boost leak. I then took off the carbon fiber filter with the extender tube and ran the intake as a SRI and we immediately saw a jump in 10whp.

Just some food for thought for everyone running the CAI version of the intake with the carbon fiber filter and extender tube, it seems to be very restrictive, although it is allot quieter than SRI option.

Not trying to bash or discredit products (the SRI version seems to be very efficient) just wanted to give everyone some actual results.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I'm currently running the CF box without the extender. Getting tuned in april in the PA event. I think the extender might be part of the issue. The ribbed plastic isnt the most aero smooth surface.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm currently running the CF box without the extender. Getting tuned in april in the PA event. I think the extender might be part of the issue. The ribbed plastic isnt the most aero smooth surface.
I agree with this as well, the extender seemed to be the main culprit, I drove home with the CF box and no extender. I have since installed a 9" spectre filter, allot louder but seems to be more responsive.

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
The only reason to do the CF box CAI extension is for the noise. As always the SRI version is recommended.

The closed airbox vs. Exposed dual cone filter, something's gotta give.

The air will be colder under normal driving conditions as it is a cold air intake but it is going to be more restrictive.

A big complaint in the community was noise from their intakes and this was a solution we found that still gave gains over stock but was also quiet.

If you want power, screw the noise and do the SRI always.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts