Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At some point Hyundai claimed you could fit a mountain bike in the back. I was skeptical but when checking out my first Veloster it seemed plausible - barely.

Has anyone done this yet?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I guess if you take the front wheel off, seat off, and then slide it in kinda right on its side, I dont see why it wouldnt fit. Havent tried mine yet. I'm going to hope that I can find a roof system like retsolev that will work with the sunroof.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was able to easily fit my road bike (58cm) in the back by only taking off the front wheel. I haven't had a chance to try my mountain bike, but I don't see why it wouldn't fit.

·
2,385 Posts
I'm 6'3" and ride on an XL Stumpy FSR. don't think that I could fit that bike in there, but we'll see.
I am wayyyyy too nervous so put a roof rack on it. I know that retsolev has done it, but I am still nervous about scratches. Also, I would never consider a hitch setup and I wouldn't want anything hanging from the bak off of my spoiler ;). For now, my friends are driving when it is time to go mountain biking.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am a semi-pro mountain xc racer and I do own a bike carrier for a hitch that came off my previous vehicle. I am all about keeping neat and making things look good. Since of course the car is new I do not want a roof rack, since with the last incident from scrachtes etx. So for now with the Giant Advanced Anthem (medium frame) as long as you remove the front tire you can lay the bike down (with a blanket under it) and walla it fits. I am definetly going to purchase a hitch... as much as I don't want to but it is my ownly way I would carrier my bike :/ I hate removing the wheel!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm 6' and ride a Stumpy FSR XC! My VT came with a cargo mat and seat back covers that velcro on - poorly, so I'm less concerned about scuffing.

Are we talking about hitch mounted racks or hatch mounted racks? I won't put a hitch on my VT.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Oh sweet! ^^ I would never put a hatch mount.... too skeptical about those especially when you have a 6K bike drifting in the wind and you never know when a strap will break lol. I was talking about putting a hitch on it... but I think that will just take away from the car... idk if I would do that :/

·
2,385 Posts
- Hitch will most definitely take away from the car!
- I like the MAestro design that Giant has to offer, I was wanting more fron fork travel though and the I just happen to have Specialized running through my vains. Damn them!
- StoneAxe, my VT also has the mat and cover so I'll give it a shot.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The Curt Veloster Hitch unit does NOT work on the Turbo. I found out tonight and i'm not cutting/slicing/shimming my rear diffuser/valance/fascia to do so. Ugh.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My xl Stumpjumper FSR fits in the back of mt VT. Takr the front wheel and seat post out, plenty of room.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
the Tarmac fits with front tire off....the Epic 29er had to have both tires off...and I scratched my hatch interior GRRRRRRR....need a roof rack ASAP

·
Registered
718 Posts
Bike fits in the trunk with the seats down.

Saris Bones with hatch huggers is a great bike carrying solution too. Selling mine and changing to roof mount though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I actually was surprised when I my bike fit. 18 and also 19.5 inch frame. just take the front wheel off and lower seats. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part Land vehicle Vehicle Car Trunk Vehicle door

1 - 18 of 18 Posts