Veloster Turbo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Remember that you need to put a 3 mm spacer before the disc brake, so it is centered in the Calipers, if you miss this the Disc rotor will hit the inside of the calipers. What I did was have the mounting tab on the calipers shaved down by 3.5 mm, so I don't need the spacer. Here is the KDM's video

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Remember that you need to put a 3 mm spacer before the disc brake, so it is centered in the Calipers, if you miss this the Disc rotor will hit the inside of the calipers. What I did was have the mounting tab on the calipers shaved down by 3.5 mm, so I don't need the spacer. Here is the KDM's video
I forgot to mention that I have the 3mm spacer. I plan on measuring the caliper before I decide to mill it or put on the spacer.

·
Registered
413 Posts
If you place the 3 mm spacer between the hub and the rotor you won't need to shave down the mounting tabs that hold the caliper in place. All that will happen is there will be more wear on the inner pad than the outer one. I will be doing this project in a month or 2. Although I will be installing the stainless steel brake lines new strut's and H&R springs. I might try and create a bracket, so I can install the rear Brembo's from the Genesis Coupe.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Was at the dealership asking the service manager about the Genesis rear brakes and the mounting bolts don't line up to our cars. Too bad the Sonata brakes wouldn't swap out. Those were pretty good !!!
Whatever you do , have a plan for the E Brake !

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Does the Gen 2 rear brake calipers fit a Gen 1 car ???
The 2019 - 2021 N package has 12.4"rear rotors.

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,789 Posts
Will not swap over

·
Super Moderator
3,537 Posts
i would agree. Vee!

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,789 Posts
Looking good

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Ok today I installed the Big Brakes on the VT. Took a bunch of pictures.... So here it is !

21 - 40 of 56 Posts