Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Blizzaks on the Veloster Turbo

5K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  syroyizhka 
#1 ·
Bought my car in late October and absolutely love my Vitamin C VT. Tinted windows and clear bra make it even nicer. Since I live in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado and we get an average of 400+ inches of snow in the winter, I HAD to buy snow tires. The first snowfall found me skidding and sliding even at a low 20 MPH. Bought some Blizzaks and WOW, does my VT handle well! I feel like I'm driving on a dry road. Highly recommend them to anyone else out there who lives in high snow country! :star:

#3 ·
Totally agree with you Pammy. As a hardcore snowmobiler I am very jealous of your talk of 400" of snow. I live in northern Minnesota and while we haven't gotten too much snow yet, I actually had my Blizzaks on 16" black alloys before I even got my VT. They are totally awesome in the packed snow and ice. This weekend I am going to go play on our lake now that I have seen fullsize pickups out there ice fishing.

Spending maybe $200 a year to run winter tires is well worth the money and makes winter driving actually fun. I have a stack of a dozen Blizzaks always ready for my cars. People do not know what they are missing when they run lame all season's compared to REAL winter tires. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hyundai veloster Hyundai

#5 ·
Advantages of runner 16" winter tire setup

- Much cheaper tires
- Cheaper alloy rims
- Can use even cheaper steel rims
- Taller sidewall, a much more comfortable ride
- Less likely to suffer from damage hitting a pot hole, which can be hard to spot in winter

Summary: Cheap, Comfortable, and more Durable

Advantage of 18" winter tires

- 18" rim and tire combo looks better
- In theory 18" tires will offer better corner handling in dry conditions
- 18" tires should also offer a more direct steering feel.

Summary: Looks better, handles sharper in the dry, better steering feel, but more expensive and likely to be damaged by pot holes.

I run 18" summer tires and 16" winter tires on steel rims. The 18" summer tires definitely offers a better and more solid steering feel. But the Continental Extreme Winter Contact are doing a pretty good job all around. I don't feel the handling of the car being compromised in dry winter conditions. Of course with my 18" summer performance tires the handling is even sharper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.