Veloster Turbo Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I did my own rebuild. Never done an engine before in my life. Everything worked out fine. Just follow a guide it's not that bad. If you want to sell your lower block. Let me know. You can fetch a pretty penny for the head, crank easy separately. I've been looking for an empty lower block for a project

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hm
I did my own rebuild. Never done an engine before in my life. Everything worked out fine. Just follow a guide it's not that bad. If you want to sell your lower block. Let me know. You can fetch a pretty penny for the head, crank easy separately. I've been looking for an empty lower block for a project
Very reassuring it's actually cheaper for me that route with rebuilding the lower. I'm pretty sure il go that route here real soon. Not that I'm building a racecar but the peace of mind will be worth it. Thanks for all your help IL let you know when it's out. You could have it for shipping cost for all I care

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just don't pry the head off. Use a rubber mallet and hit the sides after the bolts are out. So it turns off the gasket

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, I have a 2013 turbo and about 2 days ago I'm pretty sure I came very close to throwing a rod. It's knocking bad barley driveable. With all the negative reviews on the 2013 engine iv been trying to find what is the newest engine I can put it to directly fit? IV seen some good things about the 2016? Can I go newer? I can't seem to find a forum that discusses this topic. Minor experience with doing engine replacement mostly using a friend's shop and brain so would like to make this as simple as possible. Iv also looked into the g4jf any reviews? Also anywhere that sells them assembled? There's alot that I don't have far as cutting rings etc. Any help would be great or a redirect to a forum this has discussed this. Thank you
I have a Veloster 2013 turbo. I bought it new. I have 60k mileage on it. I had a recalled on it. They resets the ecu. Go to Hyundai and see if they reset the ecu. How many mileage is on yours?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a Veloster 2013 turbo. I bought it new. I have 60k mileage on it. I had a recalled on it. They resets the ecu. Go to Hyundai and see if they reset the ecu. How many mileage is on yours?
That ECU update is barely a fix. It was applied simply for the purpose of addressing the issue. It did not prevent the damage already being done or already done by the problem. My best bud is a Hyundai tech and theyve seen so many blown engines after the update.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
I've seen the updated tune and it's not much better.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Pretty much what everyone else is saying. I had it done at 86k miles and it blew at 120k. My advice would be to start a savings account for a rebuild or replacement and pray you get lucky. Idk how much you drive or how hard but I would prepare for it

21 - 29 of 29 Posts