Veloster Turbo Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I'm going to try and save up the $1600 for the stuffed turbo. During these COVID times I'm actually saving money not driving & my job has placed me in a hotel.

@fastswimmerguy 47k with a HG issue? hhmmm and you are tork tuned...? hmmmm I saw on KDMTuners IG last week an HG issue from a tork tuned customer. I would recommend finding a local mechanic or someone you know who will do the job knowledgeably.
I've been running the Tork tune for over 2 years without issues, maybe shoulda updated it lol
Yeah I don't know any local mechanics since I'm fairly new to the San Diego area from Santa Clarita, but I'd be willing to take it possibly to a mechanic someone might suggest that could do the job and do it honestly. And if they'd do it for $500 like your dude, I'll take it to em by end of the month.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
oh snap ok! @fastswimmerguy DM me, & I'll provide more info, I didn't know you were in SD area. He lives in San Bernardino.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Just a thought but if the head gasket lasted as long as the OEM did but a short time after being repaired I'd consider taking it elsewhere to be repaired again and for sure with better parts going in while doing such.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Just a thought but if the head gasket lasted as long as the OEM did but a short time after being repaired I'd consider taking it elsewhere to be repaired again and for sure with better parts going in while doing such.
The gentleman who replaced my HG did a fine job. My turbo going out is a whole nother issue.

Many vt/forte owners have gotten work done by him & have had nothing but great things to say.

Im saving for a stuffed turbo at this point from kdmtuners.

I believe my aggressive tune is what caused my turbskeez to go, but then again maybe it was time for the turbskeez at 120k miles?!?!

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Brian mentioned to me the tune having boost spiking too much that he did not like and was frustrated that I got a DCT VT with less mods on 93 quicker than yours. ;-) The boost spiking, mileage, possibly maintenance, and how hard you ran the car are all likely culprits on the turbo and head gasket issues. The work from the guy could also play a role but if he did good work on others then may be less of a factor.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Due to me being at 120k miles & seeing the life of the car somewhat diminish quicker now than when it was new I went and purchased a borgwarner oem turbo.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Brian mentioned to me the tune having boost spiking too much that he did not like and was frustrated that I got a DCT VT with less mods on 93 quicker than yours. ;-) The boost spiking, mileage, possibly maintenance, and how hard you ran the car are all likely culprits on the turbo and head gasket issues. The work from the guy could also play a role but if he did good work on others then may be less of a factor.
Gonna be reaching out to ya soon. ;)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts