Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Vendor
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Boomba Racing is proud to announce the release of our VTA BOV for the 1.6T Gamma engines!

-This is a direct replacement to the factory unit, (NO CUTTING REQUIRED) and is proven to be leak free up to 100PSI!

-No aftermarket tuning required. Will work on stock tune or aftermarket tunes.

- This high performance VTA (vent to atmosphere) blow-off valve is precision machined out of aircraft grade billet aluminum. It features an internal brass piston design and is pressure tested to withstand up to 100psi, allowing it to compliment even the most aggressive turbo builds. Spring pre-load determines the pressure differential required across the piston before the BOV opens and releases the pressurized intake charge. Designed to be a replacement for the OEM bypass valve and is available in 4 different colors.

-Installation is simple and all mounting hardware is included

Veloster BOV copy by Boomba Racing, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Please update your site to show Veloster TURBO. We don’t need any NAV people asking if they can use this.

That pressure fitting on top needs to be a 90° fitting pointing rearward or people will have to cut the plastic cover.

Also, I hope you test this with both the factory RCV control solenoid and aftermarket solenoids like the MACs.

It would be wise to go with a directional outlet that faces away from the front, which could be used to either recirculate or leave open.

Radial-type outlets are bad because a lot more dirt gets in them, requiring maintenance more often. Removing the bumper to maintain aftermarket radial OEM location valves increases the chances of breaking the bumper clips that are attached to the headlights in a particularly fragile manner.

Just speaking from 5.5+ years of experience with this car.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Way late in the game... Also there are plenty of other, better, options that this. Just seems like a a waste of time.

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
Dont hate on Boomba.... they really do make some good parts.... why trash a new vendor... jeesh

·
Registered
377 Posts
Too bad they are late to the game and didn't even bring along something innovative. This is still a spring based BOV, so I'm sure we will see CELs pop up sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I said that on FB when they first posted. The next gen vehicle is already out and they’re just introducing one for the last gen, that needs cutting. It’s gotta be best in class with zero chance of cels, and still they probably won’t sell many.
Not hating on them, it’s just common business sense... you gotta be first to the game , or best in the game, or both, but not when the game is old...

·
Vendor
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please update your site to show Veloster TURBO. We don’t need any NAV people asking if they can use this.

That pressure fitting on top needs to be a 90° fitting pointing rearward or people will have to cut the plastic cover.

Also, I hope you test this with both the factory RCV control solenoid and aftermarket solenoids like the MACs.

It would be wise to go with a directional outlet that faces away from the front, which could be used to either recirculate or leave open.

Radial-type outlets are bad because a lot more dirt gets in them, requiring maintenance more often. Removing the bumper to maintain aftermarket radial OEM location valves increases the chances of breaking the bumper clips that are attached to the headlights in a particularly fragile manner.

Just speaking from 5.5+ years of experience with this car.
Nope, Because we remove the recirculating air duct, this sits much lower, and doesnt need a 90 Degree vacuum fitting. We have been using a similar design of BOV for other vehicles for over 10 Years, and we have no issues with our design! These can hold over 100 PSI and last the lifetime of the car! :smile:

·
Vendor
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I said that on FB when they first posted. The next gen vehicle is already out and they’re just introducing one for the last gen, that needs cutting. It’s gotta be best in class with zero chance of cels, and still they probably won’t sell many.
Not hating on them, it’s just common business sense... you gotta be first to the game , or best in the game, or both, but not when the game is old...
ZERO chance for a CEL and NO cutting Required with our design. We took this a few steps further than our competition, to ensure that we make a product for you guys, that will not only last a lifetime, but is easily reversible. The reason we made this for the first gen, is that we are going to be making a second gen BOV, and want to support both generations!

·
Registered
377 Posts
How do you figure zero chance for CEL?

·
Vendor
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How do you figure zero chance for CEL?
We have been avidly testing this product on our shop car, from on our in house dyno, to cruising around on the streets/highway. We have put roughly 10,000+ Miles on our shop car, with this installed with zero issues. A lot of manufactures don't take the factory spring rate into account, and that is why you run into the P2261. Our engineers were able to design this in a way to ensure that it mimics the operation of the stock BPV, but with our quality backed behind it! Hope this answers your questions!

·
Registered
377 Posts
This is better information and should be included in advertisement.

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
We have been avidly testing this product on our shop car, from on our in house dyno, to cruising around on the streets/highway. We have put roughly 10,000+ Miles on our shop car, with this installed with zero issues. A lot of manufactures don't take the factory spring rate into account, and that is why you run into the P2261. Our engineers were able to design this in a way to ensure that it mimics the operation of the stock BPV, but with our quality backed behind it! Hope this answers your questions!
You mean “manufacturers?”
What would that factory spring rate be?
How many engineers does it take to design a blowoff valve that you clearly modified from another platform?
Did you test with an alternate solenoid as I asked before?
Why use a radial design instead of a directional design to give a recirculation option as I asked before?

·
Vendor
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You mean “manufacturers?”
What would that factory spring rate be?
How many engineers does it take to design a blowoff valve that you clearly modified from another platform?
Did you test with an alternate solenoid as I asked before?
Why use a radial design instead of a directional design to give a recirculation option as I asked before?
I do not have the factory spring rate at hand, but I can surely ask my lead engineer and send you a PM.
Our lead engineer was in charge of this design, so it only took one engineer :wink:
Our BOV will absolutely work with an alternate solenoid such as one from MAC.
We use a radial design because we have found it to be the most durable design. Like stated before, we test these up to 100PSI. We didnt include a Recirc option, because in our 15+ Years of being in the BOV game, we have found that most customers want a full vta for the sound.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I have used the OEM BOV for 96k miles and counting with no issues! still hitting 21psi (stock tune)

buuuutttt.....i'd like to give this a try since it's a literal bolt-on!

I'll pre-order this, but where's the 1st time buyer discount though? :D

·
Vendor
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have used the OEM BOV for 96k miles and counting with no issues! still hitting 21psi (stock tune)

buuuutttt.....i'd like to give this a try since it's a literal bolt-on!

I'll pre-order this, but where's the 1st time buyer discount though? :D
Shoot us a PM either on here or FB!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts