Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has been running rough for the last few months. It doesn’t build boost as fast anymore and once I hit max boost it either cuts or my turbo starts sputtering like the turbines are being push backwards. Would a worn wastage or diverter valve cause something like this to happen?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
when was the last time plugs and coils were replaced?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,233 Posts
Codes? Year model? Mods? Tune?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s a 2014 Veloster turbo, I’ve put a cold air intake, an isr race cat back exhaust and a intercooler resonator delete on a stock tune. Ive had the car for about 2 and half years and I haven’t changed plug or coils. My car has about 96k on it also.

·
Super Moderator
5,233 Posts
So no codes when you scan the obd2 port? The plugs and coils need to be changed every 50-60k miles max with proper oem coils and proper plug based on plans for the car here on out. Start there but realize the issue is most likely going to be related to the oem fuel line or boost management on the car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Whats everyones opinion on MSD ignition coils??

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
634 Posts
Whats everyones opinion on MSD ignition coils??
They seem to work and have seen these used on a couple of turbo cars with no issues.
They're also sold by Tork MotorSport too but were it me I'd stick with the OEM for sure unless someone comes up with a better alternative. 😉😁

·
Super Moderator
5,233 Posts
MSD have not been out long enough to determine how good they are just yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts