Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 vt when accelerating to go one high way the car boost gauge shows 17.6 pounds but i have no acceleration for a like 4 to 5 seconds and it like its ramping ip to speed . No Eng. Lights ? Its a manual shift .cold air magnaflow exhaust only mods .help

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a 2016 vt when accelerating to go one high way the car boost gauge shows 17.6 pounds but i have no acceleration for a like 4 to 5 seconds and it like its ramping ip to speed . No Eng. Lights ? Its a manual shift .cold air magnaflow exhaust only mods .help
I bet if you run a obd2 scanner you'll find you had overboost condition. Check your clamps and vacuum lines. This can also happen due to fuel cutoff and bad solenoid (either BOV or wastegate)

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Boost gauges are not always accurate/calibrated so always use a calibrated gauge or better yet use obd2 readings for boost.

Where is the boost source for the gauge coming from?

You will not get a CEL if you have a leak unless bad enough to cause ~4 psi leak.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I'm running a Kenwood deck with maestro module ties in to the obd2 plug .give me a readout on the radio .

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Is the clutch slipping? Is this in every gear? Video?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No slippage 53000 on it 2nd to 3rd and thu 4th . Only does it randomly too weird ?

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Post a video if you can with the boost and rpm showing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts