Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just keeping the budget down here. Originally I was going to go crazy years ago and use JL Audio C5 or C7 and DSP Processors, 6 Channels Amp, etc but when days past and the value of the little hatchback dropped more and more I figured it would be stupid to drop almost 4K on a full SQ system.

So with covid I am bored and just feel like doing a quick swap using low ohm speakers to maintain levels

So here we go. Let me know your thoughts

Front Doors Option 01
Infinity Kappa 62IX Coaxials and maintain the original Tweeters = $ 100 average price
Link

Front Door Option 02
Infinity Kappa Components with 3/4 inch tweeters = $200 average price
Link

What do you think for Fronts?

Rear doors would just be the Infinity Kappa 62IX Coaxials

As far as the subwoofer figured what the hell and replace with Rockford Punch P3S
Link

The sub recommended enclosure is the same as stock and doesn't need much wattage to drive
I am a bit rusty. I know the stock sub is 2-ohm DVC. Not sure how it is wired . So would I need a 2-ohmn DVC or 4-ohm DVC. I know wiring can be a bit tricky and how you wire it depends on what load it accepts from the amp.

That is it.

Also If you guys think I need anything else let me know ( NVX speaker baffles or Stinger RoadKills or door kits or whatever)

Cheers and Happy New Year

·
Super Moderator
3,890 Posts
frost king self-stick foam duct insulation is a great low dollar cost for sound dampening / nvh .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah if anyone has any thoughts on clarification on the speakers it would be great.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hi ya, I just wanted to mention that the center dash speaker is a 3 1/2, But I installed a 5 1/4 speaker by mounting the unit under the mounting bracket, so I could get more mids and highs. The front door I installed 6" mid-range for a cleaner sounds, plus I upgraded the tweeters as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Other than keeping the stock tweeters in the front doors, I had all my speakers replaced with JBLs & then an 8" Rockford Fosgate sub to replace the stock Dimension sub.. Yes, you will need a 2-ohm DVC sub as it is wired for left 2 ohm & right 2 ohm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts