Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ‘15 VT R spec that I bought at the end of July of this year. I bought the car at 45,000 miles and at around 48,000 it started misfiring, so I check d the spark plugs first and swapped them out. After that I discovered I needed a new coil pack, one of mine wasn’t sparking. So I swapped the pack and the connectors clips on all the packs are broken after swapping the spark plugs, but I taped them tight right? Anyways to my question...after swapping the coil the car felt really sluggish and light on the gas. I can hear the turbo fluttering like how it does at 5000 rpm but at 2000. But no engine light ever comes on. I’ve asked for help from a number of people, and the only ideas I’ve had are the bov is letting the boost out at too low of psi, and/or the computer is off because the connectors are loose. Anything you guys might know is helpful!

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,569 Posts
Be sure you put in proper spark plugs and coils. If you need to know what that is just ask. Many are clueless and put in anything they find which is usually not ideal 9/10 times.

The connectors will be fine in many cases but you can always reach them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be sure you put in proper spark plugs and coils. If you need to know what that is just ask. Many are clueless and put in anything they find which is usually not ideal 9/10 times.

The connectors will be fine in many cases but you can always reach them.
I’m pretty sure I got all the right stuff, but could be wrong

I used the same NGK plugs that were already in it, part no. 93655
And an OEM replacement coil, part no. 230577

·
Administrator
5,569 Posts
Plugs that come in the car are too hot from the oem and gaps are usually too wide. Oem 16+ VT or 19+ VN plugs work much better in all stock tuned VT. Gap at .028" for a stock tuned car.

Legit OEM coil from hyundai/kia/mobis from the dealer or albert Hwang on FB is the only way to go. Part number will end in 110.

When doing plugs and coils on these cars I suggest replace all plugs and all coils every 50k miles. And check and reset plug vaps every 10 k miles or 3 oil changes whichever comes first which should be oil changes.

Keep in mind if the car has issues with acceleration and no codes then check for boost leaks first as that can happen and keep in mind the oem fuel line can cause this and common in the 13-15 cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Plugs that come in the car are too hot from the oem and gaps are usually too wide. Oem 16+ VT or 19+ VN plugs work much better in all stock tuned VT. Gap at .028" for a stock tuned car.

Legit OEM coil from hyundai/kia/mobis from the dealer or albert Hwang on FB is the only way to go. Part number will end in 110.

When doing plugs and coils on these cars I suggest replace all plugs and all coils every 50k miles. And check and reset plug vaps every 10 k miles or 3 oil changes whichever comes first which should be oil changes.

Keep in mind if the car has issues with acceleration and no codes then check for boost leaks first as that can happen and keep in mind the oem fuel line can cause this and common in the 13-15 cars.
I’ll get new coils and check the fuel line and if there’s any leaks. Thanks!

·
Administrator
5,569 Posts
keep in mind there will be no checking the fuel line. You may catch the fuel line issue in a datalog. Or you will need to replace with an aftermarket line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.