Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Looking to see if anyone knows of any other BOV that fit the Synapse cold pipes that are part of the kit for the VT. Looking to change it up but keep the cold pipe from the kit since its installed.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,080 Posts
what does it currently look like and what flange does it have?

chances are nothing else is going to fit except synapse, or perhaps you can get an adapter online or have one made. at that cost though, may as well ditch the cold pipe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same setup on this used '13 I bought. The turbo is definitely fluttering. I cleaned and relubed the synapse and that did not help. I also just ordered a vacuum line tester to see if that is the issue.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,080 Posts
gfb dvx is a solid choice.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What was that process like?
Assuming front bumper cover is removed it was three screws, and about 20 mins, to install.

From memory - removed the cold pipe and couplers, reinstalled factory intercooler outlet pipe, removed the old blocking plate on top of intercooler from the DV kit (three screws), cleaned the mating sections with a wire brush (a bit of build up from being stored), installed DVX with new screws from DVX kit, removed vacc lines from DV and connected to DVX and adjusted port on DVX to suit.

No need to modify the top of the bumper cover to fit the DVX.

Been solid since.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Assuming front bumper cover is removed it was three screws, and about 20 mins, to install.

From memory - removed the cold pipe and couplers, reinstalled factory intercooler outlet pipe, removed the old blocking plate on top of intercooler from the DV kit (three screws), cleaned the mating sections with a wire brush (a bit of build up from being stored), installed DVX with new screws from DVX kit, removed vacc lines from DV and connected to DVX and adjusted port on DVX to suit.

No need to modify the top of the bumper cover to fit the DVX.

Been solid since.
Thanks. Now I just need to find a factory intercooler pipe :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. Now I just need to find a factory intercooler pipe :)
If no wreckers have any around you or can't source one used from another member etc then Albert Hwang on FB - ships direct from South Korea with new OEM gear...had mine in just over 4 days door to door (I'm up in Canada). I gave him part #282612B700 (which has the clamps as part of the assembly) and he'll ask for your VIN to confirm. He then followed up with the picture of all the piping highlighting the intercooler outlet pipe to be 100% certain that was what I asked for.

Great guy, responds extremely quick (timezones taken into account of course) and prices can be much better than from dealers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts