Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new here and I have a 13 Vt , and I installed a HKS bov last summer and worked great up until a month ago , now all I hear when I shift is a turbo flutter but no bov sound whatsoever, took everything apart and all lines are connected nothing out of the ordinary , I bought a mac bov solenoid thinking it would fix it but haven't installed yet , do you think it'll solve the issue? Or could it be something else? When it did work I would sit in traffic at idle and when I went to shift it would stop working and after driving for a few minutes it would come back which is weird, any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Where did you buy your bov from? Fakes are rampant and do not guarantee the same continued performance that a genuine one would.

Also check and see that your vacuum reservoir is pulling a vacuum and that your current solenoid actuates when 12v is applied.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. I had gotten a fake from Turbosocks way back when I stupidly bought from them and SCG. Anyway, I went onto HKS website and looked at who they have listed to sell the real deal and got it from an actual vendor. No issues since, been five years, still good.

Reactions: misnblu

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where did you buy your bov from? Fakes are rampant and do not guarantee the same continued performance that a genuine one would.

Also check and see that your vacuum reservoir is pulling a vacuum and that your current solenoid actuates when 12v is applied.
Where is the reservoir located?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Vacuum reservoir is here. If you turn the car on and let it idle for a bit, then shut it off, when your pull this hose off there should be a sucking sound as the vacuum is filled.

If you pull the solenoid and give it 12v supply off the battery, you should hear a clicking sound as it actuates.

As unfortunate as it sounds, you might just be dealing with a bad bov.

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,086 Posts
Also keep it mind that a BOV system is a maintenance item that very few know how or even maintain on the car. Most wait until something fails then throw $ at it trying to fix.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Fake or not blow off valves that type of blow off valve needs regular cleaning. I would start with taking it out cleaning it and check to see if everything seats properly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts