Veloster Turbo Forum banner
301 - 320 of 324 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Just this today with chair leg cap :) , it costs less than 2$ . I actually have the 6EE intake, but I cannot stand the noise.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Just this today with chair leg cap :) , it costs less than 2$ . I actually have the 6EE intake, but I cannot stand the noise.
Wait... wait.... the 6EE intake doesn't have anything to cap. You leave the BPV hose hanging or remove it altogether. Please tell me you did NOT cap the hose or valve itself.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Wait... wait.... the 6EE intake doesn't have anything to cap. You leave the BPV hose hanging or remove it altogether. Please tell me you did NOT cap the hose or valve itself.
Actually I removed the intake and returned the OEM.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Actually I removed the intake and returned the OEM.
*breathes again* Thanks. That makes more sense. Had me worried there. :)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Just installed Sxths SRI today, it's quieter than the diy SRI.

@Poolnoodle, Sxths SRI installation instructions says to remove bumper to remove the piece of oem intake but after installing it, I think it would fit without having to remove front bumper.

·
Registered
283 Posts
What did you do with the hose after? i live in an apt, so no room or allowance to pop off my bumper at the moment.
I left the hose in the engine bay, there is no need to remove it. The only thing you have to do is make sure it doesn't get blocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
283 Posts
Just installed Sxths SRI today, it's quieter than the diy SRI.

@Poolnoodle, Sxths SRI installation instructions says to remove bumper to remove the piece of oem intake but after installing it, I think it would fit without touching the front bumper.
For me there are two reasons, first I use the car for commuting to work and some times the intake noise for long time makes you feel some headache. Additionally now with oil prices down police are trying to get their budget from the people and the violation ticket for the intake is about 800-1600$ which is much more than the intake cost :( .

·
Registered
701 Posts
I hate the blow of noise as well. I had turboxs for awhile and that was very loud. Now that I'm back to bpv, I don't even notice the blow off noise. I was worried when ordering Sxths SRI that I'd have to deal with the blow off sound but I'm happy.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I used to have the big gulp but I ended up removing it because it was too loud. I've also read diy Sri is just as loud as any 3.5" short ram. I'm not sure exactly what mod helped, because since then I upgraded to 60mm throttlebody, ORCP, ORHP and gutted 2nd cat on oem downpipe. Now the short rams are way quieter. I don't feel like I'm driving with a Hoover vacuum cleaner in the low Rev range.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
If yall don't like the vaccum sound why not hit up TRDtoy for his modified OEM airbox. Best of both worlds!

For me there are two reasons, first I use the car for commuting to work and some times the intake noise for long time makes you feel some headache. Additionally now with oil prices down police are trying to get their budget from the people and the violation ticket for the intake is about 800-1600$ which is much more than the intake cost :( .

Where do you live where they cite you for having an intake?

·
Registered
283 Posts
If yall don't like the vaccum sound why not hit up TRDtoy for his modified OEM airbox. Best of both worlds!

Where do you live where they cite you for having an intake?
I live in Saudi Arabia, thats why I mentioned the oil prices playing a major role lol.

·
Registered
874 Posts

haha... I used the foot cap from a stool and the factory clamp to close the hole. It's like this thing was made for this... it is a 100% perfect fit. Snug as hell without having to stretch it out.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Did this to my 2016 VT last night. The sound is very noticeable and I did not remove the hose completely. Gas mileage seems to have gone down but I will need more time to monitor that. Easiest mod I've ever done. Took longer to open and close the hood than it did to remove the hose and put the cap on.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,411 Posts
Yes but the gen 2 VT bpv to bov mod sounds nothing like the gen 1 VT with the same mod.

301 - 320 of 324 Posts