Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Brake fluid

19K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Blue_VT 
#1 ·
What brake fluid is everyone using? I will be doing my first HPDE in this car next month and still have the stock fluid for now, but have run ATE DOT 4 fluid in my other cars. I know not many people here have tracked their cars, but to those that have- did you experience and fade or boiling toward the end of a session? For autocross it has been fine, im just skeptical for a full track day.

#2 ·
im assuming ATE super blue/gold would work fine for these cars and their weight. go with gold if you can find it. the blue will stain your brake fluid resevoir. used this with good results in all my previous lighter cars. the gtr boils this thing like its no ones buisness. lol. but if your not tracking it, i doubt you will notice a different between this and stock.

#4 ·
We use both blue and gold and rotate them every change, so we are sure all the old fluid is out. Never had a problem with staining before. I know the car would be fine with it, just didnt know how necessary it was to change. With the Corvettes that im used to, dot 4 fluid is a nessecity.

#15 ·
Does anyone have a capacity number for a brake fluid change? The service manual just says "as required." Crap on that. I know a bunch of have changed your brake fluid out when upgrading to Pierce's SS lines.

#21 ·
It was actually on the Jefferson circuit and I experienced brake fade for several reasons: rotors were worn down to .878", old brake fluid, and crappy brake pads. Once I upgraded rotors, pads, brake fluid, and installed SS line, I was carving through turns after hard braking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.