Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have a 2015 VT automatic. It’s almost time to change my pads but I’m thinking about changing the rotors as well. I’m at 64000 miles. I was wondering should I just go OEM pads and rotors or are there any other aftermarket ones that are better and more effecient?

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,320 Posts
Oem is fine for most unless it is driven hard.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,121 Posts
replace the whole arm... oreilly is much better quality than a1auto from rockauto FYI.

·
Super Moderator
4,121 Posts
so the rear control arm bolt that goes into the k-frame with the nut on top is very very torqued down lol before removing anything else i would attempt to crack that one.

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT
62 Posts
so the rear control arm bolt that goes into the k-frame with the nut on top is very very torqued down lol before removing anything else i would attempt to crack that one.
okay and that's for the front of the vehicle correct? i will keep that in mind for sure if i don't want a shop touching it.

·
Super Moderator
4,121 Posts
yeah

Bicycle part Tool Musical instrument accessory Font Metal

• Helpful
Reactions: misnblu

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey guys. I have a 2015 VT automatic. It’s almost time to change my pads but I’m thinking about changing the rotors as well. I’m at 64000 miles. I was wondering should I just go OEM pads and rotors or are there any other aftermarket ones that are better and more effecient?
I put these on from R1 concepts. I was in the same predicament but I’m at 80k miles. I got the front rotors and oem brake pads for $200 bucks. They were having some kind of sale at the time.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo Automatic
228 Posts
That bolt was an absolute menace to remove. I eventually just gave up and pressed out the old ball joints.

Reactions: misnblu
1 - 11 of 11 Posts