Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Vendor
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Transform the stock appearance of your 2012-2017 Hyundai Veloster and add an aggressive touch to its front fascia with the lightweight Extreme Style Fiberglass Hood by Duraflex. The hood is made of durable hand-laid, high-quality 6 oz. fiberglass and comes covered with the black primer finish for the maximum resistance to chips, rust, and damages caused during transportation.

Duraflex - Extreme Style Fiberglass Hood (Unpainted)

Fits: 2012-2017 Hyundai Veloster

Notes:

• Hood pins are required for proper installation of this product, and are not included with this purchase
  • Do not use gas struts since they create excessive pressure that can cause serious damage to your hood and their hardware

Specifications:

Material: Fiberglass
Finish: Unpainted

Features:

• Hand laid, high quality 6 oz. fiberglass
  • Helps to elevate your vehicle above the masses
  • Proprietary polymer blend for maximum flexibility and strength
  • Signature black finish
  • Reduced damage rate up to 75%
  • Brings the ultimate in style and performance
  • Provides unbeatable durability and long-lasting service life
  • Intended for off-road or show use only

Find out more about the new Duraflex release here.

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
Are the Naca duct and vents functional?
If so that would be the ideal hood for keeping under hood temperatures down with better ventilation while the Naca duct would cool the turbo. 馃槏馃憤
Nice hood. Price? 馃槈

Super Moderator
they could be, if you cut them out, lol

Reactions: DedMemBRaiNE

Registered
The pictures lead me to believe they are not.. I agree that this would be cool if they were, but since I don鈥檛 think they are, it鈥檚 lame lol. Pierce has hood vents on their site that fit the exact same way, but it seems they are NEVER in stock.. Has absolutely no option to buy them, just a pretty picture haha.

Super Moderator
they almost never are in aftermarket hoods, it's tough to create small stacked vents like that without a solid piece. its always mold first, cutouts later...

in fact i haven't seen many aftermarket or carbon hoods with tiny vents like this cut out. even on EVO c/f hoods of old (like evo3 which COMES with nice vents stock, and an aluminum lightweight hood) they would have to be cut out. of course later models like the 4/5/6 etc did not as the holes were much larger.

Reactions: misnblu

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
It's still a great looking hood but I would assuredly cut out the vents to make them functional.
They're physically in the correct places to have complete and thorough extraction of heat while moving and sitting.

The weight reduction is a plus as well and too bad I dont own a Veloster. 馃様

1 - 7 of 7 Posts