Veloster Turbo Forum banner

341 - 345 of 345 Posts

Β·
Registered
123 Posts
I won't let this thread die. πŸ˜‚πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ

After hours and hours of reading multiple forums and posts on this subject I am convinced the pcv system isn't needed (except for EPA emissions regulations) for crank evacuation whether for boosted or n/a.

Now don't get me wrong here so that if you were to have a pump to draw out crankcase emissions even better.
The premise here is to let the engine breath and with enough ports used (3) for proper breathing there should be no issue whatsoever.

So I will be venting the pcv side to air as I've already got the fresh air side vta as I do the oil cap ported for vta too.
All the above will continue to use the catch cans to prevent a messy engine compartment and will be checked and drained regularly.

I want absolutely NO oily mist to enter the intake manifold especially when I go turbo and have it properly built.
Ive got a spare valve cover I'll be using to either weld in some AN10 bungs or drill and tap existing to a larger size for proper airflow. This will be for the turbo motor btw.

This has been a wonderful read and great thread from start to finish and thanks to all that gave their views and opinions. πŸ‘πŸ™πŸ½πŸ˜Ž

Β·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Sell those cans bro bro & vent the 3 lines under the car.

Β·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I spent too much money for those cans.
Once I'm turbo I'll probably wind up keeping them for my next ride since they'll always be useful.
I spent guap too and sold them losing 10 bucks cuz the cans are another form of "hindrance" so to speak.

I'm glad you have gone the vta route though, you will be very happy with the results.

Β·
Registered
123 Posts
I spent guap too and sold them losing 10 bucks cuz the cans are another for of "hindrance" so to speak.

I'm glad you have gone the vta route though, you will be very happy with the results.
I did the research.
This is how you learn and reading from forums of multiple platforms all saying the same thing you get a pretty good idea of what's up.
There were some saying if you vta you'll introduce acids and other bad things to your oil but the reality of it is if you change your oil religiously there is no concern.
Dame with the guys saying you'll blow your seals in a boosted engine but again if properly vented never a problem.
I went to other sources as well going into the detail of how and why the pcv system works.

Putting all this information together has me going vta. Period. There's nothing to lose and everything to gain for what I'll be doing with my build.
Again my thanks for everyone's posts. πŸ‘Œ

341 - 345 of 345 Posts