BTR vs Tork

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard some great things and some not so great things about the BTR ECU and have only heard a few reviews on the Tork tune. What are the pro's and con's of then both and what would you guys recommend?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Oh man... This should get good.

Great first post! Nothing like a little morning controversy... There is a lot of info we'll need to give you the right answer... Where do you live? What year VT do you have? What mods?

incoming popcorn .gif :wink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2013 veloster turbo manual transmission with 845 large core fmic, synapse dv, CAI, MBRP Catback Exhaust. Soon to get OCC, and Catless Downpipes

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suggest you do more research and not limit yourself to just two tuners. Polls are for fanboys.
Iv'e looked and can only find one other option but nobody italk to has ever used them. Id rather go with something i have experienced before.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Eurocharged Tune seems to be gaining popularity among the VT.org pros, you can google them or search the forums about them. There is lots of info on here about Tork and a little bit on BTR. A few of us recently got a Tork tune and those of us with A/T's have had issues, the M/T folks have had none and absolutely love their tune.

You'll find there may be a lot of bashing that will happen in this thread, but if I had a M/T VT I would not hesitate getting a Tork Tune.

Also, the poll will be totally non helpful, I wouldn't go by any of those results...

·
Registered
96 Posts
My opinion might be biased because I'm BTR sponsored. HOWEVER, I have spent many hours around the BTR vehicles and around during their tuning events. I will say that BTR focuses on reliable tunes. Sam the owner is VERY knowledgeable in anything Hyundai. The private BTR tuner is a really patient guy and has definitely put in many years focusing on perfecting reliable tunes for Hyundai. My car is running a BTR Dyno tune and I absolutely love it. From acceleration difference, to throttle response, to speed, and to the fuel cuts at deep redline I can not complain.

·
Registered
81 Posts
As an untuned future hopeful myself I would say from my reading that alot of folks are checking into eurocharged but info is extremely limited on them at this point. I've read all the posts and will say despite "possible" tune problems Tork has stood behind all their work and is more helpful than most vendors I have ever seen. Unless I see hard evidence of another tunes benefits when the time comes I will choose tork. On another note it seems there are people diving deep into this field so who knows what the future holds.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Tork seems best choice if manual. BTR is worth entertaining and do events. Eurocharged seems ok but nothing solid reported for long, and SFR guy is just peculiar from asking a few questions about events.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have been tuned by both companies and don't get me wrong BTR work with some great people but after converting to Tork I couldn't be happier it's like night and day. Considering they took their time and spent multiple hours working on my tune in the middle of the night making sure I didn't leave until I was satisfied I would definitely say tork.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't think tork will tune a 2013
I've got a 2013, currently running his canned stage 1.

He's stated a few times that's as high as he's willing to go unless the engine has been rebuilt with higher quality internals. Then it's a case by case.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wasn't expecting much on the poll just figured id throw it on there for the hell of it and see what happens. More interested in peoples responses. I will look up the eurocharged thanks.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I've got a 2013, currently running his canned stage 1.

He's stated a few times that's as high as he's willing to go unless the engine has been rebuilt with higher quality internals. Then it's a case by case.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
230 WHP is the limit for the Veloster 2013. Ever since we put that cap in the 2013 engine failures have diminished to zero.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts