Veloster Turbo Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Any progress on tuning the TCU for A/Ts? Are you guys using KDM ECUs or USDM ECUs? Can you reprogram the VIN to match if we provide you our VIN?

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Quick question, is the canned tune the only tune for our cars?
No there are canned, benched flash, and custom. BTR does custom tuning events all over

·
Registered
87 Posts
The kind that gets custom done to your car while strapped to a dyno.
I know that but they have the BTRcc that replaces the ecu. I've never done that. Always an obd2 programmer and had the custom tune.
I haven't found any good info in what tuner to get for a custom tune. I'm new to the forum sorry.

·
Registered
11,486 Posts
It's OK Midwest. I'll try to break it down for you without getting all n00b bashy on you.
Or cars have a tricky ECU. Less than 50% of the "canned" tunes will work. That means that ordering a new re-flashed ECU is a crap-shoot. There are better threads describing the issue. But basically they are keyed to the car.
That means the only viable tune solution is a custom. BTRcc, SFR and Tork all currently offer on-site tuning. You go to them. They crack your matched ECU and you get more power. Tork also offers a mail in program. You mail him your box, he Frankensteins it and mails it back.
There are other solutions on the horizon, some that may offer OBD flashing. But right now these are your options.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It's OK Midwest. I'll try to break it down for you without getting all n00b bashy on you.
Or cars have a tricky ECU. Less than 50% of the "canned" tunes will work. That means that ordering a new re-flashed ECU is a crap-shoot. There are better threads describing the issue. But basically they are keyed to the car.
That means the only viable tune solution is a custom. BTRcc, SFR and Tork all currently offer on-site tuning. You go to them. They crack your matched ECU and you get more power. Tork also offers a mail in program. You mail him your box, he Frankensteins it and mails it back.
There are other solutions on the horizon, some that may offer OBD flashing. But right now these are your options.
thanks ill look into the threds a lil more.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
The kind that gets custom done to your car while strapped to a dyno.
I agree wholeheartedly. BTRcc has upcoming tuning events in Ohio and IL that I know of and other as well. Midwest, what state do you live in?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.