Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Veloster turbo. All I have done to it is a muffler delete performance wise. I’ve had it for a year and has been running fine. I go to drive it today and when I try to get into boost or do a pull it goes for a second and almost like cuts out and the car bucks and pops like crazy. If Anyone knows what’s going on please let me know. Thank you

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
When was the last time you changed spark plugs and/or coils?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I wouldn't doubt it, your car is 7 years old. Do you have an obd reader to retrieve codes & info about the car?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You experience any check engine lights?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
No the car isn’t throwing any codes I can go into boost lightly. But if I go to the floor it bucks and backfires like crazy and like cuts out.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I had the same issue and it was due to my coils.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
If no CEL then this is most likely fuel line issue which is common. For whatever reason they do not usually throw a CEL for a fuel line issue.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
plugs were due at 48k...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 2013 vt. I would check all your piping for the turbo if there are no signs of leaking check your plugs. Then check your coil packs, and the wire harness. If none of these things are the issue then look at your fuel line and pump.
It turned out to be plugs and coil packs on my vt. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Heck plugs as well. It could easily be spark blowout and not throw a CEL

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just changed the plugs. It’s not bucking it hesitating anymore but it’s still backfiring and shooting like crazy when I go full throttle.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I just changed the plugs. It’s not bucking it hesitating anymore but it’s still backfiring and shooting like crazy when I go full throttle.
Coils

1 - 20 of 26 Posts