Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Bucking and backfiring

4K views 25 replies 5 participants last post by  Tylervelo13 
#1 ·
I have a 2013 Veloster turbo. All I have done to it is a muffler delete performance wise. I’ve had it for a year and has been running fine. I go to drive it today and when I try to get into boost or do a pull it goes for a second and almost like cuts out and the car bucks and pops like crazy. If Anyone knows what’s going on please let me know. Thank you

#2 ·
When was the last time you changed spark plugs and/or coils?

#4 ·
I wouldn't doubt it, your car is 7 years old. Do you have an obd reader to retrieve codes & info about the car?

#6 ·
You experience any check engine lights?

#9 ·
I had the same issue and it was due to my coils.

Reactions: misnblu
#12 ·
plugs were due at 48k...

#14 ·
I had a similar problem with my 2013 vt. I would check all your piping for the turbo if there are no signs of leaking check your plugs. Then check your coil packs, and the wire harness. If none of these things are the issue then look at your fuel line and pump.
It turned out to be plugs and coil packs on my vt. Hope that helps.

#19 ·
Coils

#25 ·
OEM spec is the worst to go with as they're heat range 6 and you really need a heat range 8 in the car but should be ok to help solve your issues.

If you have a CEL solid or flashing or code for misfires it's the coils. If not then most likely fuel line linking issue that plagues the older cars.

Do look into getting coils if bad or planning for power mods though especially if you have some age and decent mileage on yours. Albert Hwang on FB is your best bet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.