Any recommendations on what to do?
Manual or auto?
Current mods and miles?
Use of the car?

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT
56 Posts
was aiming for the same thing until i realized it'll be about 1-3 years before you make that power, let alone not destroy anything in the process with every story ive heard or watched. id that's really your plan, make sure it isn't a daily and make sure you're ready for it to be sitting for some time when you do go big mods. i'll be tuning something else and only doing stage 1 on this.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Ignoring all of the prep and pre-reqs, here's the basic list of what would likely be needed to break 300 whp if not 325+.

arp head studs
stuffed turbo
downpipe
solid tune
wmi
basic bolt ons - intake exhaust throttle body intercooler and piping

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It
was aiming for the same thing until i realized it'll be about 1-3 years before you make that power, let alone not destroy anything in the process with every story ive heard or watched. id that's really your plan, make sure it isn't a daily and make sure you're ready for it to be sitting for some time when you do go big mods. i'll be tuning something else and only doing stage 1 on this.
[/QUOTE
its not a daily it’s more something that I’d like to take to the track and meets

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It’s a manual with 43k mile on it
Rn it’s has a aem cold air and ark exhaust
Use is
Ignoring all of the prep and pre-reqs, here's the basic list of what would likely be needed to break 300 whp if not 325+.

arp head studs
stuffed turbo
downpipe
solid tune
wmi
basic bolt ons - intake exhaust throttle body intercooler and piping
Bet
Would u recommend a catch can and a E85 kit

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,256 Posts
Use of the car?
Goals other than power?
Budget?
350 HP crank or at the wheel?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Use is

Bet
Would u recommend a catch can and a E85 kit
I don't have catch cans but they are recommended by many. I personally would not increase boost without either catch cans (set up properly) or some valve cover venting of some sort.

I don't run e85 so I can't say. I've read about some guys having good luck with it or even e30 blends. Seems like a hassle to me since there's nothing around where I live that makes blending convenient. If I could find an e15 pump that might become my new regular gas station though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts