Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any owners want to share some bulb specs with us?

gotta start looking for dome lights, HIDS and such
thanks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was kinda lazy when I made this thread, but then did some research on Veloster.org & found:
(please correct if im wrong)

Hi beam & Low beam are both H7s

License plate bulb - 194

Fogs are 880

thats all I have for now

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was kinda lazy when I made this thread, but then did some research on Veloster.org & found:
(please correct if im wrong)

Hi beam & Low beam are both H7s

License plate bulb - 194

Fogs are 880

thats all I have for now
This is incorrect...
Since Turbo comes in with different headlights settings as per Turbo manual 8-2, H11 is required for low beams. I found out the hard way tonight when I tried to install H7 for low beams...as the socket is sideways rather than directly down. So I end up using it for high beams instead.
http://www.osram.ph/osram_ph/Profes...NIGHT_BREAKER/NIGHT_BREAKER_Family/index.html
If you take a look at this link, you will see the difference between H7 (high) and H11 (low) the way the electrical outlets are pointed.

And I have included additional specs for those who are interested - there is (IMO) no other differences betwen NAV and VT...however I am not too confident myself. If somebody out with better experience, please feel to chime in there.

Bulb Wattage as per Turbo Manual 8-2
High Beams = H7
Low Beams = H7HPLL/H11
Front Fog Lights = H8
License Plate Lights = W5W
Front map Lamp / Center room lamp = Festoon 8W
Luggage Room Lamp = Festoon 5W

Reactions: Turbosocks

·
Registered
54 Posts
^^^^ Well just remember those are those wacky Canadian bulb numbers lol.. We need a US Turbo to check..

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
the bulbs are probably going to be the same on the US model. I will know next week hopefully!

I will edit this thread once confirmed, so there is no wrong information out there.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
This is incorrect...
Since Turbo comes in with different headlights settings as per Turbo manual 8-2, H11 is required for low beams. I found out the hard way tonight when I tried to install H7 for low beams...as the socket is sideways rather than directly down. So I end up using it for high beams instead.
OSRAM|Professionals|Automotive Lighting|Products|Headlights|NIGHT BREAKER|NIGHT BREAKER Family|index
If you take a look at this link, you will see the difference between H7 (high) and H11 (low) the way the electrical outlets are pointed.

And I have included additional specs for those who are interested - there is (IMO) no other differences betwen NAV and VT...however I am not too confident myself. If somebody out with better experience, please feel to chime in there.

High Beams = H7
Low Beams = H7HPLL/H11
Front Fog Lights = H8
so, do the straight H11's work? you don't need the adapters the regular Velosters have to use?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Has anyone already changed the factory bulbs for the ones on the link provided by BrokenEars? My last 3 cars had the Xenon headlights which I love. One thing I don't like about the VT is the yellow projection lights. Do these bulbs come closer to Xenon lights? And are they easily changed? I guess this would be the one mod I would ever do to the VT since I will be leasing it.
How about for the fog lights?

·
Registered
130 Posts
the bulbs are probably going to be the same on the US model. I will know next week hopefully!

I will edit this thread once confirmed, so there is no wrong information out there.
Well, I used the Diode Dyanmic LED Stage II for all interior lights and they just worked fine on VT...The only issue with them is the the map lights, they offered a sticky board to stick to something and it was connected to the fake bulb (not sure why)...so it took some time to figure the best way to place and get the maximum lightings...I will be going to EFTRA meet tomorrow and hopefully some other experienced modders can help out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
so, do the straight H11's work? you don't need the adapters the regular Velosters have to use?
For H11, there is no "straight" 11s to speak of, all of those types of bulbs have inverted outlet...I have ordered a couple more from powerbulbs.com and hopefully I get work for low beams when they arrive next week...then we can be sure of type of bulb is required...till then, just wait and see how I am able to install it.

Thanks for your support Turbosocks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Has anyone already changed the factory bulbs for the ones on the link provided by BrokenEars? My last 3 cars had the Xenon headlights which I love. One thing I don't like about the VT is the yellow projection lights. Do these bulbs come closer to Xenon lights? And are they easily changed? I guess this would be the one mod I would ever do to the VT since I will be leasing it.
How about for the fog lights?
Yes these bulbs are actually next to each other (Xenon lights), but on the driver's side, it is an very tight space to use your fingers...so I used nose pliers to get it out and back you.

Fog lights in next on my mod wish list. :) So once, I get that figured out, you will hear about it in this thread.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
thanks broken ears.

I should have my car next weekend sometime, I was just wondering if the bulb size was different in the VT, since they use projectors in the low beams. I was going to order my HIDs but didn't want to order Veloster HIDs if the low beam was different. I will never use the high beam once I have HIDs so I am not worried about it.

Thanks again for being a guinnea pig! haha

·
Registered
730 Posts
Yes these bulbs are actually next to each other (Xenon lights), but on the driver's side, it is an very tight space to use your fingers...so I used nose pliers to get it out and back you.

Fog lights in next on my mod wish list. :) So once, I get that figured out, you will hear about it in this thread.
Thanks for the tip. This seems an easy and inexpensive mod to do. I drive to my parents house at night and the roads are very dark so this will help a lot.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hi there! Just got my VT today, Elite White, now I need to get all those yellow lights looking bright white. Did you get to look into the fog lights bulb replacements yet?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nope not yet...but I do hear Nokya Hyper Yellow Fogs are good...

make sure you get 35W...any higher, you will run the risk of melting in the fog light housing.

·
2,385 Posts
Nope not yet...but I do hear Nokya Hyper Yellow Fogs are good...

make sure you get 35W...any higher, you will run the risk of melting in the fog light housing.
Is it just me, or do the Nokya's only come in 55 & 65W?!? I do love the look of yellow fogs, just not sure if you'd ruin your HID look?

·
Registered
730 Posts
This is incorrect...
OSRAM|Professionals|Automotive Lighting|Products|Headlights|NIGHT BREAKER|NIGHT BREAKER Family|index

High Beams = H7
Low Beams = H7HPLL/H11
Front Fog Lights = H8
Hello BrokenEars, I just tried to swap my OEM low beam bulbs with the NightBreaker Plus on my VT. The space is very very limited to stick your hand in there, and I have very small hands. After many minutes of trying to twist CCW, it finally came out. I was very surprised when I saw the bulb was an H11B, not H11. Well needless to say I could not swap them since I bought the H11. I went back to the manual, and it does say H11B* (* meaning if equipped). So I guess VTs are coming with H11B, not H11 like the manual you read. Wow, and I had already opened the Nightbreakers. My bad for not checking what bulb is installed. Hope no one else makes this expensive mistake. :(

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
*sigh* modding is not easy as it sounds, even simple ones like getting new headbulbs...I found out the hard way, when I ordered H11 bulbs for low beam lights installation. Like vtlover67, we found out it should be H11B and the H11 wouldn't fit at all. I contacted www.powerbulbs.com for explanation and the possible workaround solution. For three days, I didn't hear anything from them and left me thinking they are trying to ignore me.

But to my surprised they responsed ;

"Hello Krishna

Thanks for your email

After investigating this for some time a speaking with the technical department with Osram here in Europe its apparent that a small number of Korean manufacturers are choosing to fit this very rare fitting , it’s so rare that we have only just been made aware of this. Sadly Osram or Philips have launched a performance version and it’s highly unlikely they will ever do so

I have carried out some research on the internet and by taking advice given on a number of forums. I Have gathered that a number of enthusiast have cut the bases and fashion a H11 to fit where a H11B should go. I guess if you carry out your own research you will come across this but it’s certainly something that I would not recommend you carried out if you did not feel confident

Therefore, I can only suggest that if you wish to return the lamps to ourselves then we will of course refund you.

Please accept my apologies for this , it really truly is a pretty unique set of circumstances and 20 Years experience in this industry I guess we are always capable of learning. If you could be kind enough to tell us which bulbs fit the low ,high and fog lamps as detailed in your handbook this would be very much appreciated so we do not repeat this error. If you feel we can help in any way or indeed we discover a solution in the near future we will of course be in touch

Thanks

If you require any further assistance then please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
John

So, I am lucky and will be sending the bulbs back to them for full refund (minus my shipping costs). As for my low beams headlights, I will be doing more research including the H9 option (details in doodog's thread), and checking with Diode Dynamics as they claim to have an adapter for it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts