Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,256 Posts
Yes many have used JB4 piggyback. The JB4 is ok but best on custom map from and good experienced VT tuner and using the fuel wire with a good ecu base tune from and good experienced VT tuner. Will never be better than ecu tune from a good experienced VT tuner but does have end user adjustability.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've used another piggyback. The jb4 is the best piggyback available but they all only adjust boost.
Turning up boost a little is fun. Just do the proper prep and don't turn it up too high.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,256 Posts
Some do more than just adjust boost.

·
Registered
329 Posts
For the g4fj?
I did a lot of logging with a race chip looking for some other differences since it has access to the IAT and saw nothing. If I remember right the uncle chip had adjustability that made me think it was messing with the IAT signal but I've never gotten my hands on one.
Jb4, not sure.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It does more than adjust boost.

It also controls water methanol, an additional injector system or nitrous oxide.

At some point the 1.6L will get EWG support like the Stinger/G70 have.

You can also adjust air fuel ratio when the fuel wire is connected.

Most of these functions are beyond the scope of the average Hyundai/KIA owners still discussing which blow off valve is best.

Lots of clap trap on Facebook as well.

On the older 1.6L with the standard wastegate some experience boost spikes. That usually means Map 6 is best bet for the older cars.

The only advantage a tune has is ratcheting down the torque limits the JB4 is forced to work within. Add a proper back end flash and it works even better.

Problem is most in this community aren't too serious, maybe the Puerto Ricans and you Trdtoy, but most of the clowns on the east coast, na.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts