Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Buyer beware Riverside Hyundai, CA

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Ditka85 
#1 ·
Been lurking for a while, but my first post. From Chuck's list off veloster.org, found an Elite White Turbo Base A/T this past Sunday. Called Riverside Hyundai on Monday. The first salesman I spoke to who was somewhat inexperienced confirmed they had it and advised me the price was $24,700. After a few more questions he transfered me to Nick. This dealership was allocated about 5 turbos which they had in stock. I expressed my interest in the white one and told him that I would like to put a deposit down to purchase the vehicle on Friday as that was the 30 day mark of my Motozuma account. Nick took my credit card # and said we had a "gentlemen's agreement". Was really excited and contemplated giving up the Motozuma offer just to get the car sooner. Well, got a text from Nick today stating that he has been getting tons of calls for the Elite White turbo and that he has an offer for $3000 over MSRP. He stated that he would still hold it for me until Friday if I would match that offer. I reminded him of our gentlemen's agreement, and he replied back "Yeah we do but all my veloster turbos have a $2995 markup, I assumed Roger told you." In reply I asked him why he is asking me to match an offer if he already assumed that I knew there was a $2995 markup on the vehicle?!! Told him to sell it and that I would wait.

I can understand dealers trying to make extra profit, and don't blame them. But doesn't mean that I will ever give them my business, recommend friends or family to them, or stop me from posting my experience with RIVERSIDE HYUNDAI on forums. Go there if you want to pay an extra $3000, and however much they're gonna jack you on doc fees.

See less See more
#2 ·
Run far away. I had another dealer try to pull that on me. I told him I'd take a look at the black VT. He said someone was coming in to look and if I came in I would need to pay a $500 refundable deposit. Well I went in later that day anyway and he only was saying that cause he was leaving early. I came in the next day and they tried to lowball me hardcore on a trade in and wouldn't budge. They wouldn't even install a self dimming mirror if I paid for it!

Well the next day I went and bought a matte gray from another dealership and couldn't be happier. They gave me an extra $2000 on my trade in that the other dealership wouldn't do.

Whenever dealers try doing that to you, attempt to run as far away as possible.

The dealer giving me the BS was Red Hoagland Hyundai of Winter Haven, FL. It's in backwoods FL with a show room about as big as a normal household's kitchen, it had 1 car and 3 little tables in it. It's clear to me after yesterday that big volume dealers make a difference.

#3 ·
Best time to deal is when they don't have one in stock. I went in with my '08 Wrangler, told them I wanted an Elite White A/T and Ultimate package and that I would wait as long as it takes and they ran the numbers on my Jeep, matched the financing my credit had already approved me for and I signed it and so now I'm just waiting for the "preference" they put in or hope another dealer gets one and cross my fingers for a dealer trade. Long shot, but I'm paying just MSRP and a great trade on my vehicle to save on taxes.

#5 ·
Northtown Dealership here is Buffalo, swapped their gray AT Ultimate for a dealer's gray AT Base, drove both cars 180 miles to make the trade happen couldn't be happier. If you are in the area I can give you Marsha at Northowns contact info.

C

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.