Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my vt yesterday. I had a custom short ram in my old saab and it sounded awesome. the hyundai is too quiet for me at the moment lol.

anyone got videos of a CAI or SRI intake sound?
trying to decide which to get. i know without a reflash neither really has a performance advantage.

also, how hard is it to install the BOV without taking the bumper off, or is it not possible? I'm not comfortable doing it and i dont know any shops I'd trust in the SoCal area.

for the exhaust, is it all a single piece welded? or is it bolt on parts?

I also really want to get HIDs but I'm not too comfortable installing them myself which is a burn.

·
Registered
170 Posts
from what ive seen in turbosocks video and pics, the BOV is a cake wake , no need to take off bumper , just the black plastic trays untop of the rad and intercooler, a handfull of screws

·
Registered
373 Posts
from what ive seen in turbosocks video and pics, the BOV is a cake wake , no need to take off bumper , just the black plastic trays untop of the rad and intercooler, a handfull of screws
I think in Turbosocks walk through on ***** he said you do need to take off the bumper, but he also said it was one of the easiest bumpers to remove!

I had a few forge products on my GTI before i totaled it, and they were great! Defiantly recommend them for the BOV.

Heres his write up http://www.veloster.org/forum/58-hy...s-done-weekend-forge-bov-ngm-springs-sri.html

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
ooooppppps i stand corrected ,, sorry if i confussed anyone , i think maybe im confused :crazy:

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Do you feel a difference in reduced turbo lag or more responsive shifting? Correct me if I am wrong but the BOV also reduces wear on the turbo -correct? I notice sometimes that i have alot of boost if I WOT in second, but when I shift to 3rd it seams like I lost it all.
whoa :p where did I say you didn't need to take off the bumper.. You DO need to take it off.. There is no easy way to just remove the plastic 'tray'.. I just took the bumper off again yesterday to fix the HIDS and it took me 5 minutes total..

The only videos I have are below. One was for the BOV sound and one was just Neutral revving with the new exhaust setup..

VID_20120826_133729.mp4 video by turbosocks-D40 - Photobucket

Veloster_turbo :: DSC_0051.mp4 video by turbosocks-D40 - Photobucket

1 - 7 of 7 Posts