Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Can someone Photochop for me??

3K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  SkittleZ 
#1 ·
Can someone please take this picture and just paint the wheels white but leave the inserts the shiny chrome? I would greatly appreciate it.. I dont want to do the typical black out and think this will look good..

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

See less See more
#9 ·
Thanks guys for feed back and bjetman for this.. I also attempted late last night and I did a more brighter white.. Hey mydiana, I may have to take you up on it possibly... Ill pm you later today, just got to work.. I never have gone with white rims so not sure what to expect..

@13eliteVT: yes it's a pin stripe, looks good doesn't it??

#10 ·
@13eliteVT: yes it's a pin stripe, looks good doesn't it??
I have to say, that's usually the first thing I get rid of. Not at all a fan of pin stripes. I didn't even know VTs came with pin stripes. Yours is definitely the first I've seen that way. That's why I asked. But if you dig it, I'm not at all bashing it man. ;)

#13 ·
I plasti dipped the emblems and it was pretty easy, I kinda want to use paint for durability reasons.. Btw after I looked at the pic, your referring to the extremely thin lines under the windows correct? I would assume so but after a glance I realized in the middle running towards the rear kinda looks like a stupid stripe in a way lol

#16 ·
So do you guys recommend plasti dip versus painting the rims? I would just think in terms of long term and the hassle to take wheels off and paint several coats when only time and the weather permits, it makes sense to just use paint.. Any suggestions?

#17 · (Edited)
Plasti dip will give you a matte finish unless you use the glossifier which I think looks kind of cheap. And the always useful ability to peel it right off if you don't like it or want to change color. Long term isn't a problem if you keep it clean. It will build up brake dust but a nice soap scrub will clean them fine.

My work's beater car/Auto-X car is an Audi A4 1.8T that is full matte black with matte black Champion wheels. It's been pressure washed 4 times now since October and is still holding up just fine. A simple wash won't hurt it at all.

I say plasti-dip all the way!

Also, when dipping the wheels just cover your brakes with a plastic bag and any overspray on the rubber comes right off with your finger. 100% safe. Just give about 30 minutes in between each coat. I would suggest a minimum of 3-4 costs. More will just help with durability.

#18 ·
Well I'm gonna have to take off the wheels for this one so that I can remove the inserts to prevent getting them white, unless everyone is just painting them and removing the plasti dip off the inserts.. Now to find someone around me with white plasti dip

#19 ·
You could just tape off the inserts. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes per wheel to painters tape them. And a helluva lot quicker/easier than pulling four wheels ;)

#21 ·
Okay great guys! I appreciate all the feedback.. As long as I can find white plasti dip remotely close, I plan on doing this next week some time... Maybe mydianaz06 will join me in the adventure :p

#23 ·
I'm pretty sure Lowe's and Home Depot carry it. Something like $8-12/can depending where you go.

#24 ·
Here in NC it's $6 a can but most places only carry black. Here in Fayetteville they are sold out though. Luckily I drive 45 minutes the other way to a place called Apex and they always have it stocked. That and they also have white. ;)

#27 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.