Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2013 VT with a manual transmission and I find the indicator telling me to upshift anytime I touch the gas above 2k rpm a little annoying. Does anybody know if it can be turned off?

Not a huge deal if not, as I can just ignore it, just couldn't find any info about it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hrm, just read up about this. This actually seems awesome and might fix the biggest complaint I've had about the car in the 2 days I've owned it(how it acts in 1st and 2nd), as well as the shift babysitter. My only concern is how this will effect the car in the long term as nobody seems to really know. Anyways, I'm definitely going to look into this more, thanks!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yup I second the clutch switch disconnect. Better throttle response and better shifts at high rpms and as a bonus you get a ton of pops and gurgles on decal :)

Reactions: -X- and Mr.MattyV

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can unplug the upper clutch switch. It will also change the throttle response slightly. Look up the Clutch Switch mod here
Wow, I did the mod and couldn't be happier. Thanks dude!

Edit: It actually drives like a manual now haha the people who complain about it being "jerky" due to the mod must not be very experienced at manual, I find it smooth as can be. The car is freaken awesome now!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The jerkiness comes from having the clutch out and trying to drive slowly (1st or 2nd, gas on, gas off, etc.). If you are constantly slipping the clutch to avoid this, yours will wear out much sooner.

Example: In 2nd, come to a quick stop (like at a stop sign) without touching the clutch. Applying throttle will cause slight to-fro shuddering. It's not bad, but it is there.
No, I completely understand, but anybody who has ever driven a manual(specifically in an older car) before expects this and knows how to make this barely noticeable. I bought a manual to drive it like a manual, not to have a computer nanny me through the process.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha I'm sorry.

Honestly though, I don't find it jerky at all. I mean yeah, if I let off the clutch too fast, it's gonna be jerky. However, if you let it catch at the right RPM it's perfectly smooth. That's just knowing how to drive a manual, it only gets jerky when the driver messes up. Yes, the mod makes it easier to mess up, but it's still completely avoidable.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
anyway i can wire a switch to the plug? lol that way i don't have to constantly go to unplug it ><

if its not plugged in would the car still be able to turn on?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't have an issue with letting the clutch out to eliminate it; what I do have an issue with is (another example) creeping through a parking lot in first gear without touching the clutch, it is impossible to avoid the jerkiness when applying and releasing the throttle.

You'll see when you are pushing 270 WHP and your throttle is much more sensitive from a tune.

Maybe.
Ah true, I see what you're saying. Also could see it helping when I'm trying to back into a parking spot... dang I really need to install a backup camera, the back window is absolutely useless haha

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Trying to be a troll...
XD
Jk sorry my lazy side came out I'm still in bed lolol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Removing the rear headrests will help a bit, plus you'll reduce weight by a tiny amount.
Yeah, gonna do this immediately. Do you think if I have people back there it will make it unsafe or should I not be concerned?

Now I just gotta figure out how to enable GPS on my non-nav VT hehe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts