Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The VT suffered around 1700 bucks of hail damage a week and a half ago and our old friend Bryant Pfifer (Pfife6) was selling his OEM replica cf Seibon hood so I drove down to Colorado Springs and picked it up for a nice discount. My hood looked like a golf ball (roof is being fixed Tuesday.

20160728_191919.jpg

It went in pretty easily, however, this hood was designed for a 2013 and therefore has no threaded holes for the hood shocks (?) supports that are now on the vt versus the old school hood supports that you just hook into a hole.

My QUESTION IS any thoughts on cutting into the cf? How should I do it? I honestly don't even know if it's safe to.

·
Super Moderator
3,656 Posts
i bought the OEM prop rod from hyundai for mine. drilled and tapped the bolt holes in the strut tower.

Reactions: WhiteBoy

·
Registered
11,486 Posts
Do not use hood struts with carbon fiber hoods. They create a sharp flex point the will break the hood unless the hood is designed with a rigid mounting point to distribute the load (and none of the cheap (relative) hoods available for our cars are designed as such).

As for cutting into CF, it's just like cutting fiberglass. A cut-off wheel or oscillating tool needs to be used.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That ks for the help guys!!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The hood struts we sell are specifically designed for aftermarket hoods including CF hoods
Yeah I'm still waiting on my replacement fender from you, I did check out the hood struts on your website and I am just waiting on that fender to come in before I spend any more money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The VT suffered around 1700 bucks of hail damage a week and a half ago and our old friend Bryant Pfifer (Pfife6) was selling his OEM replica cf Seibon hood so I drove down to Colorado Springs and picked it up for a nice discount. My hood looked like a golf ball (roof is being fixed Tuesday.

View attachment 57001

It went in pretty easily, however, this hood was designed for a 2013 and therefore has no threaded holes for the hood shocks (?) supports that are now on the vt versus the old school hood supports that you just hook into a hole.

My QUESTION IS any thoughts on cutting into the cf? How should I do it? I honestly don't even know if it's safe to.
Do you still have this hood ? And would want to sell I’m also in Colorado ?

·
Super Moderator
3,656 Posts
send a PM. they haven't been on in 2 years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts