Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 VT - Check engine light came on a week ago. Ran the scanner and got cel P0444. Since I’m at 96+K miles, I figured it was a good time to check the gas cap first. The seal/gasket was flat and it wasn’t clicking shut. Replaced it, cleared codes but it came back on the next restart. Replaced the purge valve in the engine bay, cleared codes, came back. The valve I replaced was not oem. It’s from Dorman. Could it be a defective valve and should I get an oem from the dealer or should I be looking for something else?

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,962 Posts
May be fine but I only use oem. It could also be the CCV near the gas tank.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May be fine but I only use oem. It could also be the CCV near the gas tank.
How do you troubleshoot the CCV? Is it the black rectangular box looking thing?

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,962 Posts
Th avg Joe can't trouble shoot one easily in most cases unless it will not let the car fill with gas easily thats a common issue with it.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I do remember the dealership fixing an Evap on my car do to a recall, the "tech" told me that the evap containers were breaking. I think that it was in late 2016, my VT is a 2015 Rspec.

·
Super Moderator
3,619 Posts
CCV can be checked off the car hooking it up to 12v to make sure it opens and closes properly and holds vacuum.

canister itself requires a cycle for it to even open when I was smoking my car to find an evap leak it wouldn’t work. The GDS needs to initiate the test for the smoke to get in the canister...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Many of these codes are set by minor vacuum leaks in the hoses connected to the canister and other components in the system. Check for cracks, splits , and tears.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts