Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a recently purchased '16 VT, and am loving the drive so far. Everything was perfect up until about a week ago, in which a check engine light popped up on the dash, as well as an SRS light. I made an appointment to get it diagnosed and serviced; for the CEL, which was throwing the code P0037, they told me I needed a new O2 sensor.

For the SRS light, they told me that my system was outdated and they would upgrade me ECU. I made the appointment, got my car back and everything was running fine until the next day, in which both of the same lights came on and threw the same codes. I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem before, and if anybody has their own input on the situation. I'm scheduled to return this Friday for a follow-up diagnosis.

I am unsure if it's important or not but when I purchased the car it had an already installed K&N CAI and an aftermarket BOV. Since I wasn't the one who installed them, I'm not able to pinpoint whether this is what is causing the CEL to throw that code. Since my car is under warranty still, I am afraid they are going to blame the light on the aftermarket intake so they can squeeze some money out of me. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Need to have the car properly diagnosed. If you had this issue and it was taken in and fixed then they did not do too good of a job. Those mods have nothing to do with your issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum

Need to have the car properly diagnosed. If you had this issue and it was taken in and fixed then they did not do too good of a job. Those mods have nothing to do with your issues.
Yeah that's what I thought. I'm afraid that they just cleared the codes and did nothing to repair because I don't see any other reason the same two lights would pop up after they claimed it was fixed. My service rep. was awful and would not answer any questions I had for him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts