Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2036 Posts

·
Banned
3,170 Posts
Well its finally complete,.. my VT has been engine treated, 6000 mi. ran in, and turbo treated, 6500 miles ran in. 7500 mi. can around, the "carrier" Motul which had served me well ( I'm a fan Cbrmale), was scheduled to come out and be replaced BY !!! TADAA !! CERMA oil 5w40.

As I did my oil change I noticed something about the dipstick I hadn't noticed before....There was a "coating" on the entire portion of the stick which swims in the oil in the oil pan. What was really interesting about this "coating":
- I could not scrape it off.
-And its nature was extremely SLIPPERY to the touch with ones finger coated in oil. It was markedly more "slippery" than the portion of the dipstick which was uncoated. CERMA binds to wherever there is heat and or friction. CARBON CAN NEVER STICK TO A CERMA TREATED SURFACE. (YES,..our dirty GDI's,..no more build up). The oil makes carbon bind to itself rendering it salvageable in size for out filter media.

The inventor of CERMA had explained to me that the CERMA engine treatment would treat the ferrous metal innards of the ENTIRE inside of the engine for its LIFE !!
The NANO CERMA would treat the bushings of the turbo and any other non-ferrous components in the oil circulate.
Now I had evidence in front of my face that I could relate to.

Notice the two zones on the dipstick, the yellow is coated, the blue is not.
sIMG20131228222822.jpg

The engine treatment is on the left, the nano is on the right. NEW cars only use 1 oz. of each they require "dirty" oil to carry them. The run in period for each is a minimum of 1,000 miles. I did 1500, before I changed the oil over to CERMA oil.
sIMG20131228223656.jpg

The oil, YES I bought a 5 gallon drum,...was 99.00. YES its a approved MINIMUM class 5 lubricant. The standard ratings don't do it justice. ITS OFF THE STANDARDIZED CHARTS. Willnot breakdown in any fashion to around 1100 degrees.
sIMG20131228223715.jpg

According to the inventor, over the next 90 days my VT will undergo fine changes, all positive:
-Increased compression,..yes a POWER mod in an oil change...BAM!!
-Increased gas mileage,...of course
-Treated surfaces will "conduct and transfer heat more efficiently"

There are many YOUtube videos on all its properties.
For you technically adept and doubting Thomases,...just call the technical support line.(ITS the INVENTOR !!!!!)
Product reps please don't hate,..THIS IS PROGRESS. I have no affiliation other than being an astounded customer.

Guys my VT (AT) would do 31-37 mpg at 58 mph on Motul. Now that I've done the complete array and the oil I'm doing 35-44 mpg at the same speed. (That's one day after oil switch over)

CERMA INSTRUCTIONS PER -X- endorsed by THE CEO:

]This is my take on the treatment procedure and how I did it:

* Let car get to operating temperature (oil at 180 degrees F or higher).

* Shut car off, open hood, remove engine cover.

* Have the engine treatment bottle prepped and ready to pour.

* Remove oil cap & quickly pour 1 oz. of engine treatment into oil.

* Quickly replace oil cap & start car ASAP (within 10-20 seconds after pouring it in; run if you have to).

* Fluctuate revs between 2000-3000 RPM for at least two minutes (I went for nearly five; it's ok if you go a little higher or lower).

* Turn ESC off.

* Begin driving the car on local streets, hopefully where there are lots of lights or stop signs and not too much traffic.

* Use engine braking to decelerate during this initial driving stage.

* Leave the car in each gear longer than normal (say to 4500-5000 RPM) and gently accelerate (do not punch it, use engine braking).

* After five minutes, start taking the car to 6000 RPM in each gear, still slowly accelerating (no hammering it, use engine braking).

* After five minutes, start taking the car to 6500 RPM in each gear, accelerating moderately (still no hammering it, use engine braking).

* After five minutes, do a few hard pulls to redline in 1st & 2nd gear (hammer it as much as you like, engine braking optional).

* Done.

If you need to add more engine treatment, repeat the process until the driving portion, then just drive normally (since your engine is already treated).

Wait until 1500 miles to do the nano/turbo treatment (I waited 2500); 500 IMO is too soon.

Nano procedure is similar to the above except:

* Keep revs between 1500-2000 RPM for at least two minutes; you can repeat the driving procedure or just drive as normal.

Wait another 1500 miles to switch to CERMA or CERMAX 5W30 or 5W40.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
That dipstick looks like the inside of the engine that they bore scoped in the video. I treated my VT and will treat my wife's Santa Fe as well. For the cost of an oil change, I figured I got nothing to lose.

·
Banned
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That dipstick looks like the inside of the engine that they bore scoped in the video. I treated my VT and will treat my wife's Santa Fe as well. For the cost of an oil change, I figured I got nothing to lose.
When I treated my Turbo was the same time I tried the BPV to BOV mod. I could hear it spooling as low as 1700 rpm...Just think, never to have a friction or wear related failure in the engine. Some big shoes to fill...

·
Banned
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I just add this once and it's there forever?

I need to get Cbrmale's input on this before I continue.
He definitely is the oil dude,...but they don't have this in Aussieland. I think he could order some and check it out.

Yes you only add the treatments once. The oil,...I plan on changing it every 4,000 regardless of the fact that it will look completely clean.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
i dont like car bombs and my car they dont mix lol.

all joking aside i am interested in this stuff. is it an oil i put in once or every time i change my oil?

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
If it's so wonderful, why doesn't my dealer recommend it? Or, why can't I find a zombie-like following at my local parts store? I'm a bit hesitant. Sure, it isn't doing any harm, but it sure reminds me of that ole Slick 50 my dad had sitting in the garage. It sat there because my dad never saw the true benefits of it in any of his vehicles. No harm, but no glorious benefits.

·
Banned
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont like car bombs and my car they dont mix lol.

all joking aside i am interested in this stuff. is it an oil i put in once or every time i change my oil?
1. Use dirty engine oil that's been in say for 2,000 miles,...add 1 ounce of the CERMA engine treatment.
2. 500 miles later add 1 ounce of the nano CERMA for your turbo. Leave them both in that oil for at least 1500 miles.
3. Change the oil at your next interval. Switch to the CERMA 5w40. Watch your car develop over the next 90 days,....
4. I plan on doing CERMA oil changes every 4,000 miles after that. You never have too add either of the treatments ever again

·
Banned
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
If it's so wonderful, why doesn't my dealer recommend it? Or, why can't I find a zombie-like following at my local parts store? I'm a bit hesitant. Sure, it isn't doing any harm, but it sure reminds me of that ole Slick 50 my dad had sitting in the garage. It sat there because my dad never saw the true benefits of it in any of his vehicles. No harm, but no glorious benefits.
Its been in beta testing for the last 7 years, and is now available. He has a commercial product that preceded this made for big trucks only. Not available in stores. Royal purple tried to buy him out. He told them to pound sand.

I treated my 1990 Sonata with slick 50, your right, the effect was MEHH . This stuff is incredible. I have treated my:

Yamaha jetboat engines,..and use CERMA grease for the impeller bearings.
My Heat controller geothermal AC compressor with the refrigerant variant CERMA
I treat my automatic weapons with the CERMA gun lube. Any where there is heat and friction, there is an application for CERMA.

Youre dealer would want to know why your oil never got dirty.

·
Banned
7,377 Posts
Yeah going with you on this one. If this was a miraculous gift from the auto gods why have I never heard of it having been in the auto industry/racing for over 20 years?

If it is such a break through product I am going to need more proof than a dipstick. Some independent oil analysis and multiple high mileage independent engine tear downs using this from mile zero.

On a side note will it void your warranty if the engine blows and Hyundai finds this stuff 'coating' the internals?

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I'm with Talulu and rockey.. I'm a little hesitant about the product.. Sounds too good to be true kinda thing..

Reactions: Zapper

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Its been in beta testing for the last 7 years, and is now available. He has a commercial product that preceded this made for big trucks only. Not available in stores. Royal purple tried to buy him out. He told them to pound sand.

I treated my 1990 Sonata with slick 50, your right, the effect was MEHH . This stuff is incredible. I have treated my:

Yamaha jetboat engines,..and use CERMA grease for the impeller bearings.
My Heat controller geothermal AC compressor with the refrigerant variant CERMA
I treat my automatic weapons with the CERMA gun lube. Any where there is heat and friction, there is an application for CERMA.

Youre dealer would want to know why your oil never got dirty.
Oh, I'm not bashing it at all. I'll just sit back for a year or two and let folks who use it tell me how it's working. Meanwhile, I'll just use synthetic, genuine filters, and change my oil regularly--without any additives. Just a personal choice--as is yours or anyone elses for using it.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
maybe its cause i have been drinking so in the morning i will have to reevaluate this, but as of right now i am willing to give it a chance how do i order?

·
Banned
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Yeah going with you on this one. If this was a miraculous gift from the auto gods why have I never heard of it having been in the auto industry/racing for over 20 years?

If it is such a break through product I am going to need more proof than a dipstick. Some independent oil analysis and multiple high mileage independent engine tear downs using this from mile zero.

On a side note will it void your warranty if the engine blows and Hyundai finds this stuff 'coating' the internals?
You would have to ask John himself, he's a phone call away. AAAH the arch nemesis of Cbrmale....Youre questions should be answered by the owner himself. He's been in racing for like 35 years....You would probably be familiar with his commercial truck turbo diesel product. The name escapes me.
Company is in TEXAS.

·
Banned
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
maybe its cause i have been drinking so in the morning i will have to reevaluate this, but as of right now i am willing to give it a chance how do i order?
www.CERMASTORE.com. View all his Youtube vids. Does all the bonehead "weartests" that all the oils in the world judge themselves by. Guys there always is a beginning for everything. Beta testing is complete, and the product is out.
I wanted something that would preserve my VT no matter what, here it is.

·
Banned
7,377 Posts
You would have to ask John himself, he's a phone call away. AAAH the arch nemesis of Cbrmale....Youre questions should be answered by the owner himself. He's been in racing for like 35 years....You would probably be familiar with his commercial truck turbo diesel product. The name escapes me.
I can sell snake oil to a snake. I don't doubt the inventor talks a good game. Independent analysis by multiple experts is the only thing that will take a product like this from something people doubt and question to a mainstream product.

I want to see the 100,000 mile, 200,000+ engine tear downs that have been running this stuff from day one.

Until then I will use something that is proven. Motul 5w40. Lucky me I get it for 35$ for 5L.

·
Banned
7,377 Posts
www.CERMASTORE.com. View all his Youtube vids. Does all the bonehead "weartests" that all the oils in the world judge themselves by. Guys there always is a beginning for everything. Beta testing is complete, and the product is out.
I wanted something that would preserve my VT no matter what, here it is.
Key word is 'his' YouTube videos and 'his' wear tests.

He needs independent, accredited and trusted expert reviews.

I hope this is the real deal. I won't put it in any motor with a warranty on it. This screams void my warranty even when it is not the oils fault. I can get around practically every other mod with the Magnussun Act, but this stuff has coated the engine and may be just the thing they need to void a warranty.

1 - 20 of 2036 Posts