Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are they going to do? Post with my account? Big whoop. Lol

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
it's more for if people sue the same password for everything. Let's say you use the same password for your email address (also leaked in this). they can log in and get your info etc.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Yes, I would hate our enemies in foreign lands to know what mods I have. :wink:

·
Registered
467 Posts
I use a crappy easy to guess throwaway password for sites like this that holds no sensitive info.

·
Administrator
174 Posts
Attention - Password and Security Update

Here is the official announcement that should have gone out. We use a mass posting tool to let multiple sites know about issues, but since you guys are new as you said, you hadn't been added to that yet. Fixing that.

Kevin

Hello all,

Over the next few days we will be implementing some changes to our forum password strength and password expiration policies. To make sure you continue having the best experience possible on the community, we regularly monitor the site and the Internet to keep everyone's account information safe. We've recently become aware of a potential risk to some accounts coming from outside of this community. Just to be safe, we are implementing the following changes to improve security even further:

1) We are asking everyone to change their passwords (and will force a one time reset). Along with every user on the forum, new passwords will need to be more complex, and can't be simple words (sorry, you can't have "fluffy" as your password anymore!). Please use a password unique to this community. Reusing passwords can expose your account indirectly when other websites (Twitter, Linkedin, Badoo, etc) are compromised; and

2) Your passwords will expire on a 365 day basis. When you login on the 366th day, you will have to change it.

We'll also be sending out an email to users to let them know about the changes, in upcoming weeks.

Thanks all,

Helena

Community Management

·
Administrator
174 Posts
As for the article, it fails to mention that the breach was for a third party plugin. This breach is on countless sites across the internet and not just limited to ours.

Their system was compromised and they grabbed user data for us and thousands of others. We cleared our part of the breach and went this route to further security. This is also in place as many members on the internet use the same or similar passwords across all things they use.

We cannot go into detail at the moment as it is being dealt with on a legal level.

Thanks,

Kevin

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Just got this email...

Dear Velostaaman,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Veloster Turbo Forum with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 172.58.153.8

All the best,
Veloster Turbo Forum

·
Registered
310 Posts
Don't tell me how to live my life!!

I do what I want

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts