Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys first post here! Anyways i bought a 2014 VT MT back in September and the dealership told me the motor and turbo were brand new. I never asked them info about the new engine but when i did an oil change i saw that indeed the motor and turbo were still shining like freshly polished metal. Anyway my question is how do i know what year my engine is? Since there's problems with some years id like to know. thanks!

· Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,272 Posts
you could head to the dealership and get a printout of the service history.

otherwise there may be a VIN on the engine? trdtoy may have better info.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you could head to the dealership and get a printout of the service history.

otherwise there may be a VIN on the engine? trdtoy may have better info.
Search the engine for a vin and i couldn't find anything bits of writing everywhere but i dont know what to look for there is no complete vin like in the windshield in sight

· Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,272 Posts
it should be on both the valve cover? and on the engine block itself around the throttlebody.

Reactions: Réparateur Maytag

· Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,570 Posts
Need to find out if new engine or reman from the dealer. They should have documentation on that I'd think which will tell you somewhat what the strength of the components may be. Most that have engines replaced will not get new engines but rather a reman. Most if not all of the reman engines use the better internals. Con will be you do not know the quality of the build as there is no QC like a new engine had in the build process.

· Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,570 Posts
If replaced by hyundai they usually do reman and have a short warranty period for that engine. Get those details from the dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts