Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I need some assistance. So today I did an oil change and I put Mobile synthetic 5w-40 in my 2013 VT. When I was driving like hours 6-8 hours later my check engine light came on. Around 3000 RPMS, my car feels like it’s misfiring. Idk how to describe it but it feels like my car is jolting slightly. Does anyone know what I should check?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah actually. It’s not an extreme stutter but I definitely know something’s up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah actually. It’s not an extreme stutter but I definitely know something’s up.
I would recommend checking the ignition coils, take it to oreilly's or autozone, they'll hook a computer up to it. give you the codes, if it is the ignition coils get them directly from hyundai, non-oem ones have issues after a while.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,569 Posts
Get the codes and report back. If you need coils I have a few new sets on hand.

What mods, miles, and fuel are being used? Miles on the coils and are they oem that came on the car? Plugs and gaps and miles on those as well?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
update on my car. You were right. I took it to Autozone and used the Fix Finder device; diagnostic test told me the Ignition Coil needs replacing. The device also told me there’s an ABS error.

·
Administrator
5,569 Posts
When were the coils and plugs last replaced? I have new oem coils in stock if those need replacing yet. If you need plugs then replace with oem plugs from a 16+ VT or 19+ VN and gap to .028" if on the oem tune or if tuned it will require a different plug and gap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven’t a clue but I went to a trusted auto shop and they informed me it was the ignition coil.

·
Administrator
5,569 Posts
Coils and plugs need to be replaced every 50-60k miles. If you need coils I can ship tomorrow otherwise will have to wait until Tuesday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts