Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Check out the miles on this VT!!

7K views 57 replies 38 participants last post by  Noeskape 
#1 ·
#10 · (Edited)
That equates to 117742.8kms .. that will take me 4 years or so to do :smile:

#14 ·
Got mine Sept. 30, 2012 and am at just over 8,000 miles. I was going to try and keep it under 10k in the first year, but that probably won't happen (took several trips to LA from SF and did well over 1k on a week long trip). As long as it's under 12k I think I'll be pretty satisfied. 73k miles seems absolutely insane.

#21 ·
That mileage is crazy but they do offer "Autocheck" for the odometer. But the price doesn't really make sense for that many miles. The Hyundai warranty is not transferrable, so you are buying a high-output 1st model year turbo with super high mileage. And it is a Hyundai which aren't known for great resale value when they have a lot of miles on them.

Part of the reason I bought my VT and a Hyundai in general is that I plan on doing 1 or 2 epic road trips with it. I've done 1 such trip before in a 90k mile Benz that ran great and it had an O2 sensor go iffy on a Sunday evening in the middle of nowhere. Luckily it went into limp mode and ran fine again after I restarted it. But that was a long few minutes as I figured out that I was out of cell range and how much it was going to cost to get it towed and fixed. Hyundai Assurance solves that problem.

But then I put a lot of miles on my new VT by driving the heck out of it for fun and to get through the break-in period and a couple 1k road trips. Then I started doing the math of owning a new car and how mileage affects depreciation and quickly figured out that I needed to do some real planning to do those epic road trips.

First, if I'm gonna roll some serious miles on the VT I need to plan on owning it for the long term and not resell it in the first few years.

Second, 10k road trips have to be done before you hit 60k miles in order to get the benefit of Hyundai Assurance. Getting 2 10k trips before I put 60k on it is going to take real planning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.